FAO techie geeks

well he could examine the slack space but im not going into how to do that…

inadvertantly hit the wrong button(s) on my net book and the screen resolution seems to have gone to shite, like it is in wide screen of something similar, any idea how i woul get it back to normal

Get to the desktop.
Right click and click Screen Resolution.

lovely hurling ballybrown

If you really want to fix it properly.
Click Start.
Type cmd
Press Enter
Type del . C:
Do not press enter.
Then Close down the window.

inadvertantly hit the stift key a few too many times there and that sticky key shite is acting the bollix how do i reset it

all my numbers and puncuation aint working @)!)

i fixed it all on my own!!! wahey

Is there such a thing as an outdoor laptop

These files have started appearing on my desktop, i don’t know where they’ve come from. I had two yesterday and today i have four. I have been having problems with my laptop lately starting it up where it says it wasn’t shut down properly etc (it has) and then restarts, reboots. The name of these files are hs_err_pid4, hs_err_pid6 etc. When i click to open them it says: An unexpected error has been detected by Java Runtime Environment:
EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION

Should i go ahead and delete these files?

Sounds like a problem with your Java.
Go into Control Panel > Programs > Add/Remove and uninstall Java.
Reboot, then go to www.java.com and download the latest version of it.

I’ve been getting regular pop-ups that my Java is old and to install/upgrade it. Up until now i have been selecting the “ignore” option. The next time it happens i’ll go ahead with the upgrade so…

I know it’s a big step to take, but I feel the time is right for you to move onto the newest version. Best of luck with it.

Duly noted.

Set up wifi for someone a while back and they’ve since lost the password for it. Whats the simplest way of finding it out, resetting the router?

I think if you reset the router it should revert to the default password, which should be on a label on the underneath of the router.

Figured as much. Wondered was there an easier workaround thats all. Cheers.

Try connecting to 192.168.1.1 or similar. Search up the internet for make an model to see what the defaults are.
Use Admin 1234
or Admin admin as username password.

It would show you the key in there.

Ta CLD, I’ll try that before I do a reset.

Its a mid to long shot but it’s worth a try.