FAO West Clare Posters

Where in Kilrush is good for a few ole hints of the black stuff?

Look for a place called the St Paul estate, there is a lovely not so well known pub right at the back of this, hidden gem, walk out from the town ~10pm. just getting busy then

Tell everyone you think the Kelly’s are cunts too. You’ll be welcomed with open arms

Cm mate, don’t mind these dirty cunts. avoid kilrush unless very necessary. Crottys at the square is about the only place I would recommend a non local to go.

I know well… And it’s called the John Paul estate is it not? I’ve heard of Crottys alright- I’m looking for the type of establishment that one could gather in tho. Diddly diddly, a few spuds and the black stuff.

The S.S. Turk is good for the porter and the crack. No grub though, you’ll have to go up town for that.

Google tells me this place is closed about 5 years? You cunt of a man.

[quote=“ChocolateMice, post: 723545”]

I know well… And it’s called the John Paul estate is it not? I’ve heard of Crottys alright- I’m looking for the type of establishment that one could gather in tho. Diddly diddly, a few spuds and the black stuff.[/quote]

Crottys will cater for your needs. Pretty certain the turk is closed with years. Got a belt of a pint glass from accross the bar there one night.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d2/Connaught_Rangers_Badge.jpg

“We’ll soldier no more for England” said Joe Hawes from Kilrush.

:clap:

Sorrow and sadness, bitterness, grief
Memories I have of you, won’t leave me in peace
My mind is running back, to the west coast of Clare
Thinking of you, the times we had there

I walked to Spanish Point, I knew I’d find you there
I stood on the white strand, and you were everywhere
Vivid memories faint, but the mood still remains
I wish I could go back, and be with you again

In Miltown there’s a pub, its there that I sat down
I see you everywhere, your face is all around
The search for times past, contain such sweet pain
I banish lonesome thoughts, but they return again

I walk along the shore, the rain in my face
My mind is numb with grief, of you there is no trace
I’ll think of this again, when far off lands I roam
Walking with you, by this cold Atlantic foam

Sorrow and sadness, bitterness, grief
Memories I have of you, won’t leave me in peace
My mind is running back, to the west coast of Clare
Thinking of you, the times we had there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQkRsHtB3OA

@KinvarasPassion @fistoffury @Raylan

What’s the best beach near Doolin? Are Lahinch and Fanore the only options?

Ballyvaughan has Bishops Quarter also but that might be too far north for your liking. I’ll defer to @Raylan for anything south of that.

What’s parking like at Fanore? Given the good forecast I suspect places will be jammed.

White Strand beside Miltown Malbay is a nice sheltered inlet, usually quiet enough and they have the sea-kayak/SUP rentals if you wanted to do something a bit different. Clahane near Liscannor is more of a rocky ledge than a beach but a good spot for lepping in.

Is it this week? Supposed to be a grand stretch of weather coming :sunglasses:

Small enough car park but loads of green grass to fit into

Was in lahinch two Saturdays ago, it was rammed . Spanish point might be a bit far south for you but that would be a tad quieter. Clahane is north of lahinch, raylan can advise if safe for kids but swimmers love it.

Going camping with the family in Doolin. So more interested in sand and safety than swimming.

White stand can be traffic nightmare right? If you are planning a few hours at beach I’d go Spanish point. Armada doing food and drinks from pop ups there which are getting good reviews

3 Likes

Spanish point. Grand safe beach.