FAO wexford people

See my bolded notes in the quote

Wexford town > south Wexford coast.

Croppy forgot to mention earlier that Owner/Head Chef in Aldridge Lodge Billy Whitty recently won Best Chef in Leinster

Also in the South West of the County

you have JFK Memorial Park
The Dunbrody Famine Ship Experience which is opening its new centre soon
Hook Lighthouse
Tintern Abbey
Dunbrody Abbey
Duncannon Fort

while the Hertiage Centre outside of Wexford town is also worth a visit

Whiplash, in addition to the unbelievable choice for tourists in Wexford, you should also visit and stay in Bunclody, with our fine Millrace hotel and of course the (relatively) new golf and fishing club. I would also heartily recommend Redmond’s drinking emporium and Bia Alainn restaurant.

http://www.bunclodygfc.ie/home.aspx
http://www.carltonmillracehotel.com/

Cop on Fitzy.

Fuck off Bandage.

This is getting very nasty and turning into local parish pump politics.*

• Wexford town and surrounds (Rosslare, Kilmore Quay, Carne) is where it’s at, Whiplash.

You started it.

Whiplash could use Bunclody as a base and explore Wexford from it, while delighting in the ambience of north Wexford.

But I will re-iterate one point from above, do not, I repeat do not, go anywhere near Courtown, its a shithole.

Bunclody is a dive. And he’s looking to holiday in Wexford, not Carlow. Shut it Fitzy.

Bunclody? FFS fitzy if the place is that good, why did you go to Australia? You’d be bored after half an hour in the place.

Half an hour? You’d have nothing left to do after having 5 or 10 minutes banter with the local travelling community.

Spent a weekend in Blackwater last year. I’d recommend it if your over 70, otherwise forget it.

Very disappointing that we are not showing a united front in this time of need for Wexford people. Mac and Bandage are a disgrace, I am ashamed to share a county with you.

Kev will be on soon to big up New Ross as a weekend vacation spot. Culinary delights at the Penguin restaurant and mingle with the locals at the Colloseum nightclub kind of thing to be expected.

I had a recentish trip to the south of Wexford, but obviously Gman though he seems to have left would give a better run down. The Hook peninsula is well worth a visit, park up in Slade and walk to the lighthouse, some great scenery there in that walk.

Apolgies to patrons but Duncannon is a dump, a one way street palookaville. Avoid.

Is Pirates Cove crazy golf place still going - cant even remember where it was - Enniscorthy?

Pirates cove is in courtown. Still going.

Fitzy - you share nothing with us since you took the queens shilling.

Whats wrong with Courtown? :smiley:

• Infested with Dublin scumbags during the summer months
  • Artfoley lived there for part of his life

Do I need any other reasons?

But are those Dublin scumbags not contributing to the economy of Wexford? If all those Dublin scumbags were not to go to Courtown for the holidays or weekend’s away would it affect the economy of that area? How many Wexicans are employed to service these scumbags on their weekend’s away or on their holidays?

I bet there are other areas in the country that would give their right arm to have the number of visitors to their area as there is to Courtown?

Mac and Bandage have done a fine job selling the delights of Wexico here.

My only previous experience of it was indeed that shit hole bunclody which put me right off a return (explains a lot about fisty)

Does wexford, outside of that opera shite, have any music festivals?