FAO wexford people

Kevin Dundons place outside Duncannon Dunbrody House does bar food. Burgers, steak, fish and pizza . Lovely grub, all reasonably priced and aimed at families.
The Templars out near Hook Head is a big family friendly place, Good seafood and family friendly. Nevilles in Fethard and the 2 pubs in Duncannon daycent too.

1 Like

The ghost tour in Loftus Hall on Hook Head is good craic for kids too if you are looking for something to do during the day.

Don’t do this @Matty_Hislop. They’ll be having nightmares for years. Loftus Hall is a terrifying place.

Ah no, it’s great craic for the kids, good yarn reminiscent of the Chris DeBurgh Spanish train song, lovely walks out there as well @Matty_Hislop
There’s lovely casual seafood restaurant in Kilmore Quay, a quick google reveals it’s probably the silver fox, Dundons bar food is good

I had nightmares for years about it. The place gives me the willies.

That’s the general idea with tours of Haunted Houses.

1 Like

It’s not that casual or cheap but its very good.

Mary Barry’s has a bouncy castle for you to play on while youre waiting.

Nice playground in the Quay too.

Chipper also top class.

Wexford is great.

The Silver Fox?? It was very reasonable at lunchtime anyway and in no way fussy, it was summertime and we were sat out the back, beautiful, the chipper was jointed the same day, massive queues, it’s a nice spot, the hook head lighthouse does decent grub as well and it’s a fantastic attraction

Good job we didn’t have to invade the north that time.

Cheers for the recommendations gents. Ended up in having lunch in Kilmore Quay, that Loftus Hall is closed down at the moment. Lovely day down here, some gorgeous scenery from Hook Head and it’s epic waves, the views of Saltee Islands from Kilmore Quay, Dollar Bay, Duncannon and all the countless beautiful little villages. A really nice part of the island.

2 Likes

The General Manager of Kelly’s Hotel just said on the TV that “a lot of regulmentation came in in 2005 after the Foot & Mouth outbreak”

I heard that too and wondered had I misheard it. Bill must be going a bit senile

It was a pre-recorded show too.
You’d have thought they’d let him have another go at it :grin:

Harmless high jinks and shows how decent Cllr. Lawlor is.

The mayoral pact is an absolute farce of a thing.

He’s entered into a new pact for the new term.

There’s now only 7 Wexford council(l)ors as a new Rosslare council area has been set up.

So George negotiated a pact with 3 others to get the 4/7 majority for the new 5-year term.

Under it he gets to be mayor for 2 of the 5 years and the other 3 get a whirl for a year apiece.

They had a draw to see who’d be mayor in year 1 and, lo and behold, George won that so he’s going to be mayor for the first two years.

:clap:

1 Like

Unreal.

And I presume his 400 payment to Frank was in no way connected to this.

George said he might need a shirt and tie to go somewhere.

1 Like

That’s lovely to see. He seems to be fierce lucky as well as obviously generous in looking after the expenses of those who don’t enjoy the same good fortune.

No, payment to Frank was for the previous 2014-19 pact.

Details of the new pact are in this week’s Wexford People.

#SupportLocalNewspapers