FAO wexford people

Got a map to prove that?

Have you a map to prove its not?

Yep

Michael D’Arcy TD on the telly here.

He has a grand aul job, responsible for fuck all and can’t get anyone to do anything

3 Likes

Typical modern day TD. Living off the reputation of his father. There’s local councillors who would have more impact than this lad. He means well but will achieve sweet fuck all out of his political career bar filling a few potholes and getting a few edge cases their medical cards.

His father was a useless cunt too.

Before my time but apparently the young lad makes him appear twice as good as he actually was, which obviously isn’t much of a compliment

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/destinations/europe/ireland/articles/wexford-festival-opera/

I just had a superb 36 hours in Wexford. There’s nothing quite like opera season in the beautiful old town.

1 Like

Irish ferries are discontinuing their service to France next year. Sad to hear this. Remember fondly getting the Saint Killian to Cherbourg and Roscoff as a nipper. Big loss locally I imagine and like everything else the service will be moved to Dublin.

Doesn’t sound like it’s a done deal yet. Possibly tactics to get cheaper rates in Rosslare

Edit - Stena Line still sailing Rosslare to Cherbourg. None of the scumbags will infiltrate Wexford anymore. Huzzah.

1 Like

So I’ve left it a little late for booking acommodation for this weekend’s match, what with the mid-term and all.
What are Talbot Suites like folks?

I don’t know for certain but they’re newish serviced apartments linked to the Talbot Hotel and less than 100 yards to hotel itself. Presume you’d have access to hotel facilities if you booked it. You’d be at the south end of the town near Kelly’s on the Corner and The Sky & The Ground for pubs and The Premier take-away for a breadcrumb rissole.

1 Like

Might do Saturday and Sunday night, €96 per night! It does include access to hotel facilities though.

Yeah, I’m not sure how they’re doing. I think they were targeting business types for the weekdays and anyone at weekends then. Rumour had it our esteemed manager has free use of one of the apartments. That could be made up as the Pettitt family are big GGA backers and the senior club hurling championship at home has been sponsored by them for around 20 years now.

2 Likes

Go for it. They’re top class. Wexford is small so you can walk anywhere.

Will @Mullach_Ide ‘s review be anywhere near as glowing as this one?

It will be shorter anyway.

Has anyone good restaurant or pub grub recommendation for the Fethard-on-Sea, Kilmore Quay area? I’m down that way at the moment, with the kids so child friendly a must.

Think Mary Barry’s in Kilmore Quay has a good reputation, pal.