Fast Food

:rolleyes:

Oh no, a man who’s spent most of his life bumming around and hasn’t worked a day in his life thinks I’m a prize cunt - what will I do?

Anyway, back on topic - does anyone usually find that the McDonalds or Burger Kings abroad seem to have nicer stuff on their menus than what we have in Ireland?

Continue being a prize cunt I suspect.

:lol:

Nice use of the word PARRRP.

Thats just rank. I never realised Irish people were still eating such shite food on such a scale going by how much fellas on here know/go on about/seem to frequent these places.

I have eaten those super burgers in Dublin a place, called Macs or Zaks or Freds or somewhere. Someone may know the name. Now they have a burger.

Ricks.

I thought you said that you liked the diners in the USA before, and that their food was infinitely better than the likes of Eddie Rocketts?

Ricks is excellent.

Take alcohol out of the equation in Ireland and I’d never be in a franchised fast food place I don’t think. Still would get the odd pizza delivered or whatever but my experience with plastic seating is entirely drink related these days and I’d guess that’s the way for plenty of people.

I thought the Diners in USA were a million times better than the irish ones. For instance these places would have alot more chicken on the wings, alot more meat in the burger etc. Its not like i went to these places 3-4 times a week. You can have an experience farmer by just going a handful of occassions as well. I’m quite happy at not being an expert to be honest.

True, Ricks is the place. Its mostly been after booze alright, but i did go there once before sober. And it was still awesome.

:lol:

Ok, here is all ye need to know about fast food, me mateys.

1. The only franchised outfit worth talking about on this island is Eddie Rockets, which is a superb dining experience. In terms of some of the other fast food outlets that have been mentioned i would rank Supermacs as the best and tolerable. I wouldn’t go to the next three i am about to mention but will rank them nevertheless. I would have McDonalds ahead of Subway with Burger King a distant last. I would consider the latter two particularly awful.

2. Franchised Pizza joints are better than these franchised chippers and Apache Pizza is an example of a good one.

3. If it’s chips you’re after then you need to go to Donkey Fords, Fusco’s etc.

Admins, lock this thread.

I’d like to put in a shout for Beshoffs of Howth and Clontarf. Now that the prices have come down a bit they are quality alternatives to the grease palaces

:clap:

I find Subway revolting. There’s the same horrible smell in all of them. Ah, it’s just sickening even thinking about that place. I enjoy a Big Mac when pissed on occasion more than any Burger King offering. I agree with my learned colleague Dunph that Eddie’s is the elite chain operation.

I see KFC can’t get chicken to it’s stores in the UK. Seems a pretty fundamental issue to be tripped up on. New delivery company seem to winging it.

Keep me abreast of any developments on this .

3 Likes

Heard they were supposed to be going into O Connell street where the old Dunnes was. Some folks were fuming because the planning was for a ‘family-style’ restaurant

@flattythehurdler

There’s no shortage of Chicken and Gravy in Limerick :grinning:

1 Like

You can’t compare the Chicken Hut to KFC. Different gravy.

1 Like

:clap::clap:

https://twitter.com/__michaelmartin/status/966076725867270154

It’ll be like that South Park episode come to life. Black market KFC.

KFC is fucking disgusting — only a sick bastard would eat from there…

8 Likes