Favourite Comedy/Sitcom

Tbf you’d have said the same about a sitcom about the shrink at the end of the bar moving in with his dad.

Just watched The UK Office on Netflix. It got good in the middle but the first few episodes and the last few episodes were pretty shit. Overall I’m disappointed.

I’m stunned. I thought it was unconscionably brilliant. But it might have been locked into a time or place that is no longer relevant.
I haven’t seen the American one but I heard a couple of lads talking about the scene where a lad tells a couple of woke co-workers that he’s Mexican. They assure him that he’s no such thing in their eyes, and that he should never say that about himself. I chuckle about it from time to time.

Ah it was the first of its time… a trailblazing mocumentary

Frasier.

3 Likes

You’re not doing it right

1 Like

First British one

John Mahoney, aka Martin Crane, in Cheers. Brilliant performance.

1 Like

The jingle :rofl:

Benefits to the lockdown. I have found Cheers and Frasier.

3 Likes

Im not a fan of either.

But I wish you well on your journey.

2 Likes

love them both, but frasier is marginally better than cheers

1 Like

Frasier is👌

I would probably say the opposite. I think Cheers had the more broad range of characters - although it had Rebecca who wrecked my head after a while.

rebecca was a serious downgrade on diane. but with frasier episodes you can go back to them multiple times and find something you’d previously missed.

niles is the best character if you had to pick one from cheers or frasier

1 Like

Agree. He is brilliant.

1 Like

and bebe was the best minor character

3 Likes

Wonderful deliberately over the top performance by her. She steals most shows that she’s in.

1 Like

You’ll have more Frasier to watch

2 Likes

The episodes of Woodys wedding are some of the greatest television in the history of the the sitcom or any genre in fact.