Favourite Dublin Pub that won't exist again

10 minutes would get ya there. If that’s a “nice walk” I’d hate to see your definition of a hike

The Old Royal Oak is your only man. A country pub in the city and full of GAA county flags on the ceiling. Great stout too.

4 Likes

Sorry to hear that pal … hope everything goes ok for you.

3 Likes

Now a hipster place full of LGBTQ and arty types

Eamon is gone from it anyway. I’m sure they’d still be showing the hurling. A lot of mental looking bastards in there the last time I was there

I was in there last year after all Ireland waiting for train. Belting out Limerick you’re a lady from the speakers in fairness to them.

P.Duggan’s it’s called now.

Thomas street and that general area is rough enough.

Ryan’s of parkgate street is grand for food but the staff are pig ignorant.

Nancy Hands next door is a bit touristy but it’s probably your best bet.

Bakers and Tom Kennedy’s on Thomas Street are lovely boozers

Kennedy’s I can vouch for, Baker’s not so much.

Actually yes, I enjoyed Tom Kennedys but I’m not sure it’d be great to watch a match that’s why I excluded it

The owner now is a good friend of my missus. Great stout in there but a few unsavoury characters alright.

1 Like

Don’t think they’d show the game - is it not a racing only pub

The longest walk I did was 800Km, took me 35 days.

1 Like

This would be my recommendation @count_of_monte_crist, if you’re in a rush it’s one stop on the Luas.

This would be second. You can walk out the back gate or its two stops on the Luas in the other direction.

No longer his, now called duggans I think. Would presume it’s still a gaa bar.

1 Like

All racing on the tellies in there. Cash only too, which can only be a good thing.

Pretty sure it’s a racing only pub but I’m open to correction on that. I’ve only been there midweek when there wouldn’t be much else on.

Found the staff in there fantastic last year.

Hope everything goes ok for him mate.

Most of Thomas Street is grand, they all want the passing tourist trade from the Guinness Storehouse. That place on the corner near Lidl is one to avoid.

1 Like

The staff are pure sound in my experience.