Favourite Dublin Pub that won't exist again

I’ve been out voted on the staff soundness in Ryan’s subject. In true tfk fashion I shall therefore dig my heels in and double down.

I live very close to that place and, while the food there is lovely, I seem to always leave feeling like the staff are the most unfriendly bunch. And they make it sound like the biggest hardship of all time if you order a drink mid-meal, or ask to pay separately, or any other fairly basic request

TMI.

I know he left it . His name was over the door a good while after he left .

I’ll row in behind you here @Batigol. Some of the staff in Ryan’s suffer from the same brand of cuntishness that staff in other iconic Dublin pubs such as The Gravediggers and Mulligans in Poolbeg st suffer from. Because these pubs are generally successful, certain staff practice a form of smug, cuntishness that manifests itself in the treatment of customers as a general nuisance.

1 Like

I can’t speak for Ryans but the Mulligan barmen seem to go into ‘traditional gruff Dublin barman’ mode due to the pub’s popularity as a traditional pub. In reality of course they are just arseholes.

4 Likes

Similar a few of The Palace barmen

In my limited experience in there, I found them relatively sound.

Kehoes is another. Young bar staff in there start sound but that’s soon knocked out of them.

1 Like

Donoghues was the worst for that I found. Some collection of wankers working behind the bar. Fuck the liquor out at you, bark the price at you and fuck the change at you.

2 Likes

Agree. Horrific establishment.

1 Like

Pint gone to slop in Mulligans too.

Palace are more dry shites than cunts.

Donoghues the worst I came across in my time in the capital. A seriously ignorant shower of cunts.

Two boot cut jeaned, belt buckled roasters from the bauxite triangle in South Limerick wondering why the barman in Donoghues won’t make small talk with them.

10 Likes

While the barmen top up half drank pints and serve them to unsuspecting customers.

That’s a fucking ridiculous statement.
The Red Mud Death Pond is in north east west limerick

4 Likes

You’ve made bits of him here. He couldn’t have picked a less-appropriate compass point if he tried.

For now at least.

1 Like

Hill in Ranelagh has closed it’s doors. Shame really would have been my local for a couple of years and was good old fashioned boozer.
Changed management there a few years ago and they converted it into a craft beer/foodie place and turfed out all the locals in the hope of attracting a more upmarket clientele.
As Mick McCarthy would say “That went well”.

1 Like

Sad to hear that, used to drink in there years ago.

Was it rough?

I recall driving around that area before and there were bonfires and stuff. I think the General may still have relatives in the area at the time.