Favourite Ice-Cream

Maltesers for farmer…

Anymore?

Had a Feast there at lunch but I wasn’t buying otherwise it would have probably been the Magnum Milk chocolate/almond effort.

Twix for Tinnion although I do love a good 99 in Courtown in the summer.

Brunch for Bandage with honourable mentions for Solero and Magnum, along with the possibly now defunct Wibbly Wobbly Wonder and Loop the Loop.

Very hard to narrow it down to one and it depends on the mood. If it was a chocolatey one then I’d say White Magnum. Soleros and Calipsos on warm summers days.

I wouldn’t call any of those ice creams - I call all those ice pops.

To me ice creams are just scoops of ice cream from a tub or a golly bar at a push.

From the ice pops category I’d be a Tangle Twister man. Used to love Brunches but find they make me thirsty which is all bad. Loop the Loop would be my second choice with Solero in third.

1 Like

Bandage, wibbly wobbly wonders are still on sale. I saw them myself in a freezer in Enniscorthy over the weekend.

Toss up between Brunch / Mint Feast / Almond Magnum for me.

white magnum I’d say for myself, or a mint cornetto. anyone think the snickers/twix/galaxy ice creams are a bit of a cop out (not that they arent nice!). Just basically a frozen chocolate bar with some ice cream substitute for a piece of it.

Phish Food-a frozen heart attack right there.

walking up to norberts saturday morning around 7.30 for the curer…went into a shop by the train station to buy a paper…asked your one for a 99 as well got a fair quaire look off her…some job for a hang over and a severe dose of cotton mouth…

i am partial to a twister myself…

Not being racist or anything…but…them foreigners in the shops haven’t a clue about the quality make up of a 99!

agreed…mine was more like a 49 and a half saturday morning…

Nothing worse as a kid than when Rock Senior made Home Made 99’s instead of buying them from the shop or the Ice Cream stall nearby (living on Fingal Riviera we had a dedicated ice cream hut for 5 months of the year).

Sometimes we’d get those wafer cone multipacks from Dunne’s then they’d be filled with rock hard St Bernard vanilla ice cream (slices of the stuff, not scoops) and then an old shave of club milk or something for the flake. Horrible shite altogether.

1 Like

I definately got a 29 or less in London at the weekend. The handle of the machine was held down for at most 2 seconds. A good 99 should consist of a good 5 second pull of the handle including at least 3 full rotations of the cone.

On a stick, Magnum
Between 2 wafers, HB vanilla
From a tub, Ben & Jerry’s chocolate chip cookie dough

Bog standard mint ice-cream is ever so refreshing I find.

Scoffing a load of Haagen Daaz Praline and Cream these days too.

I used to work on an ice-cream stand and the knackers were gas. They’d want absolutely everything on their cone (flake, nuts, sprinkles, syrup) and could never understand why it was messy as fook to eat and why it cost more than a regular cone. They amused me.

Anyone remember the Freaky Foot? Foot shaped ice-cream - mixture of some pink icecream and plain vanilla. And then the big toe was covered in a thin layer of mik chocolate. Are they still on sale?

Thinking about this topic more, I’m very partial to a Solero on a boiling hot day.

Freaky Foots were delicious. JRs were cracking too. Orange and raspberry I think.

[quote=“therock67”]Nothing worse as a kid than when Rock Senior made Home Made 99’s instead of buying them from the shop or the Ice Cream stall nearby (living on Fingal Riviera we had a dedicated ice cream hut for 5 months of the year).

Sometimes we’d get those wafer cone multipacks from Dunne’s then they’d be filled with rock hard St Bernard vanilla ice cream (slices of the stuff, not scoops) and then an old shave of club milk or something for the flake. Horrible shite altogether.[/quote]

I’d say most of us have had the old home-made ice-cream in a wafer type thing. The funny part is that you were given cheapo St Bernard ice-cream inside it though. That said Ma Bandage has taken to buying cheapo Lidl and Aldi ice-cream and it’s a worrying trend I’ve noticed on recent weekends home.

I do indeed recall the freaky foot and I was a firm fan of them. I was also very partial to a fat frog on a hot day. I loved those bastards.

I had my first '99 with a flake of the 2008 calendar year at lunchtime today. Then myself, cesc4 and the bhoy went for a perv up along the canal and saw two (female) ass cracks, numerous panties but not a single thong or g-string. Alas, tomorrow is another day.