Ferdinand, Noble, Nolan and O'Hara

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2009/0608/1224248284571.html

All eligible for an Irish call-up after FIFA lifted the switching countries age-limit and it looks like Trap will try to take advantage.

All bar Ferdinand I think would be great additions to the squad BUT do we really want them? I suppose you’d have to look at them on a case-by-case basis but from what I know of all of them so far I wouldn’t be too keen.

That said, Shay Given said in the Times, referring to Stephen Ireland, that he doesn’t care who plays as long as we put out the strongest team possible.

What do ye reckon?

Was Nolan not always eligible? I remember there being big hypw around him playing for Ireland during that good season he had with Bolton but he opted to stick it out with England. He hasn’t really reached the same levels since but would definitely be a useful squad player.

Yeah Nolan was always eligible but he’s a cunt.

He’s played England under-21 so he wasn’t eligible until the new ruling.

Nolan was always eligible.

Nolan can go fuck himself. O Hara looks like a cunt. Ferdinand and Noble are London wideboys, cant imagine playing for the Republic will be something that interests them.

O’Hara has said he will play if Irelands new Kit is designed by Franklin & Marshall, but he will not be available for a few months as he is busy looking after poor Danielle.

So was Terry Mancini though!

O’Hara is banging Danielle Lloyd and I think that kind of WAG culture shite is something we could do without.

Don’t know a whole lot about Noble but he’s a good little player no question about that.

Noble and Ferdinand (I’m assuming Anton Ferdinand) would walk onto the Ireland team. Nolan and O’Hara would be very close to the first-team. Personally, i’d take them in with open arms.

Noble and Ferdinand would walk on the Irish team but are bound to be capped by England some day so wont change allegiances nor should they.

Nolan is no better than what we have already and it would sicken me to see our nationality abused by someone who has already turned down playing for Ireland and use it to boost his career.

O’Hara is a very limited player. Could possibly fill in at left back but it isnt his position either. Would be an option in the centre tho. Probably the most likely to change nationality but again I wouldnt like it. Will probably be on his way out of Spurs this summer. 'Ary aint too happy with the company he is keeping.

Yea dont get me wrong, I really rate Noble, but he doesnt just strike me as the kinda fella who grew up with Ireland in his heart.

They can all go and fook.

Nolan can fook right off after all the times over the years Irish managers approached him on their knees asking for him to play for us. He’s in the twilight of his career now and is nowhere near the player he was.

The other lads are much younger and will improve. As i said, i’d take them in with open arms, and that includes O’Hara.

The main one i’d like to see switch would be Gary Cahill but he’s been called up to the most recent English squad. He has a bit about him that lad.

[quote=“KIB man”]
O’Hara is a very limited player. Could possibly fill in at left back but it isnt his position either. Would be an option in the centre tho. Probably the most likely to change nationality but again I wouldnt like it. Will probably be on his way out of Spurs this summer. 'Ary aint too happy with the company he is keeping.[/QUOTE]

Would agree with that but think he is much better than Whelan or Andrews. Still - strikes me as a gobshite.

Our squad is crying out for quality and there’s no doubt all four would improve it. A shame no strikers of merit have become eligible.

I’d particularly like to see Noble(think he’s a very decent midfielder and we could do with cover til Stvie looptheloop cops the fuck on) go for it but can’t see it happening. Didn’t Wenger want him?

Not sure how I’d feel about the morality of it but I’ve no doubt the first time I saw one of them score or even put in a decent challenge I’d be delighted. Like we all would.
Sluts.

[quote=“The Dunph”]Nolan can fook right off after all the times over the years Irish managers approached him on their knees asking for him to play for us.

.[/QUOTE]

But he wasn’t eligible!! His Wiki says he would’ve played had he been eligible. I’d take him.

His wiki is wrong. I saw numerous interviews with Nolan over the years where he said he’s an English man and he wants to play for England. He had no interest in playing for Ireland.

Fuck Nolan and fuck his wiki. Cunt.

As regards this ruling, I’m torn on it. Obviously extra talent would be great, but these guys were adults when they made the decision to play for England over Ireland, its not like the Tim Cahill thing.

Just strikes me as becoming even more mercenary than before.

[quote=“KIB man”]Noble and Ferdinand would walk on the Irish team but are bound to be capped by England some day so wont change allegiances nor should they.

Nolan is no better than what we have already and it would sicken me to see our nationality abused by someone who has already turned down playing for Ireland and use it to boost his career.

O’Hara is a very limited player. Could possibly fill in at left back but it isnt his position either. Would be an option in the centre tho. Probably the most likely to change nationality but again I wouldnt like it. Will probably be on his way out of Spurs this summer. 'Ary aint too happy with the company he is keeping.[/QUOTE]

I’m not sure about Ferdinand but Noble would walk onto it alright. They can all fuck off though.

[quote=“myboyblue”]Fuck Nolan and fuck his wiki. Cunt.

As regards this ruling, I’m torn on it. Obviously extra talent would be great, but these guys were adults when they made the decision to play for England over Ireland, its not like the Tim Cahill thing.

Just strikes me as becoming even more mercenary than before.[/quote]

“And you described it as mercenary didnt you Liam?”
“Mercenary, I think thats mercenary”

:mad: