FIFA 2018 World Cup Thread

Sergio Ramos has more testosterone than the rest of the Spanish squad combined. He must be disgusted with the likes of the Barca fannies

Yer man with the throw in :joy::joy::joy:

Best moment of the world cup.

Even the Mrs stopped knitting when that one happened

Dunphy on about Rugby again and rugby etiquette.

What Barca fannies? The only three starting are serial winners with Barca and Spain Busquets, Pique and Alba

Hanging on the coat tails of Messi for a decade doesn’t make you a serial winner.

1 Like

All three have won international tournaments as key players with Spain as well

Messi was hanging off Iniesta

Europe looking like they might improve on their poor record in recent World Cups of getting sides through to the knock out stages. It was just 6 out of 13 in both 2010 and 2014.

That Iran throw at the end is brilliant :laughing:

1 Like

Iran have been impressive, extremly solid defensively. Should’ve drawn that game by right this evening.

They were competitive in the last world cup as well, remember Messi having to dig out Argentina against them.

Iran deserved a point from that match. They were incredibly dogged, but I wouldn’t bet on their players passing random drug tests. I reckon they are definitely on some kind of EPO program as they were running all over Spanish players who play at the very highest levels. Spain are not up to much at this World Cup.

Didn’t John Pemberton do that once?

The former Crystal Palace and Leeds right-back, that is, not the chap who invented Coca-Cola.

A lot of doping on display alright. Ronaldo being the biggest example .

None of the favourites have been very impressive, I think Spain are the likeliest winners at this juncture but with the potential to be overran in midfield against some opponents as they are very slow in there

I think 20 games is a fair sample to base this on. The World Cup has been shit so far. So many turgid matches.

There have been two good matches, a few alright ones, the majority have been awful.

Was there ever a World Cup before where the first 20 games didn’t throw up any scoreless draws?

I haven’t seen much but it’s been absolute dogshit from what I have, pity as well because the timing is perfect.

I’ve thoroughly enjoyed this world cup. Watched the majority of the games last weekend…work has me catching highlights and the second half of the 7pm games during the week, but I’m enjoying it.

Lot of unfancied teams doing well is great to see.