FIFA 2018 World Cup Thread

Could see a group of them chanting at a bird coming out of Victoria’s Secret though

I don’t know but with the amount of penalties that are being awarded there’s an outside chance there might be none at all, though I’m sure the knockout stages will deliver on that front.

Another example there of a favoured team who found it exceedingly difficult to break down a team who parked the bus.

It’s not just England who find it difficult to do that, you know. They’re in very good company.

Its not so much about the struggle to break down teams. Of course its hard to break down organised teams. England just look like they don’t know how to deal with it when they have to attack against a team who defend like that, they completely stop creating chances altogether like they did in the second half against Tunisia and against Iceland two years ago. Spain were patient and passed the ball around trying to tire out the opposition and wait for a mistake

Technically inept. No composure or guile.

England have no overlap on the wings to get a cross in. That means they look to play it through the middle but they have no proper playmaker either.

1 Like

They’ve no one in midfield.

I would’ve brought Jack Wilshere personally.

England haven’t had a playmaker of top international standard since Paul Gascogne .

To spin the dentists chair ??

At least he can turn with the ball and pick a pass.

Henderson would’ve been okay with him.

He looked just what they needed against Tunisia. He’s not a winner but none of them are.

1 Like

Jacks last appearance in a tournament sums up his career.

Couldn’t believe how bad he was that day. It was like playing Jermaine Defoe in midfield or something, he looked like he’d never played midfield before.

He is utterly mediocre . His return to Arsenal showed his and the club’s relentless pursuit of mediocrity .

England were superb for the first half hour on Monday. I’d be surprised if England don’t go very deep in this tournament.

Point taken, now that I think about it he’s only ever played well against Aston Villa or the like. Loftus-Cheek looked pretty good in fairness. He’d have done well 10-15 years ago.

And even the Arse don’t want him anymore

Loftus Cheek looks big and game and it’s hard to know what he will do next

1 Like

He’s gone now anyway. England could actually do quite well against a decent team or two if they get to that stage with their pace further up the pitch but I think they’ll get undone on the counter by whoever they get in the second round

Not seen as good enough at Chelsea.