FIFA 2018 World Cup Thread

I’ve all spoken proudly about the efforts Italian authorities do to combat doping. Cheating is not tolerated like it is in other countries and there is much more transparency in how they deal with the ills of the game.

How many more European Cups would English teams have won in the 1970s had continental teams not been doping?

Derby and Leeds would each have at least one European Cup in their trophy room, I’d suggest.

Ray Houghton was infuriated yesterday by a Moroccan player heading an off target attempt with the back of his head instead of the front of his head. “I don’t know why he’s headed that with the back of his head. Why didn’t he head it with the front of his head?” he queried.

1 Like

Was this the one Benatia headed with his shoulder?

It was the one just before half time when they got a free kick in the right corner. It was whipped in and a chap got a bit of head on it (back of head) under severe pressure and it went a few yards wide with Benatia narrowly missing get a touch as it whizzed past him.

I was just thinking that Argentina might be running into some serious difficulty after not beating Iceland.

If it’s the case where Croatia decide they only want a draw and just defend all match and meanwhile Iceland beat Nigeria, then they’re facing trouble.

Were you thinking long about it?

Couldn’t sleep.

I don’t know lads. This RTE coverage. :disappointed_relieved:

What a goal, class.

Brilliant by Eriksen.

1 Like

Jesus Christ, we were barely 5 minutes in & Houghton had already criticised Sisto for checking back & not crossing, Rogic for shooting not passing, Delaney for not getting his body position right for his headed attempt. I’d say he was raging when Eriksen scored.

1 Like

Very nice flick by Jorgensen too.

A quality goal from a quality player.

1 Like

This is the Tottenham World Cup .

2 Likes

Is that not when they play Arsenal?

Man City are our big rivals these days.

1 Like

It was superb

We need Timmy up front.

Timmy can fuck off. Bring Jamie McLaren, fresh from a recent hattrick against the huns, on.
Arzani will hopefully be on earlyish.