FIFA 2018 World Cup Thread

It is if you finish work in the early afternoom

3 Likes

Out on loan and still has a chance . Not being on Chelsea team needn’t mean he is not good enough for England .

Did you sort out that croatian lad who was overcharging for the gin and tonic?

He’s a good player, my point was its a fairly similar scenario to Wilshere.

Neither are top players, but they’ve very little options there.

This shite of Maguire or Walker bombing down the wing WTF. I remember Denmark doing it a little against us in Dublin but they’ve stopped it now they’re playing good teams. This is Southgate’s way of trying to create options on the wings.

The draw is kind to them . Any game they play in the knockouts won’t be things of beauty .

Possibly a semi, but Argentina’s name is on the World Cup.

The last time an England captain or manager suffered a dislocated shoulder during a World Cup was 1986.
The last time Cork played Clare in the Munster hurling final in a World Cup year was 1986.
The last time Galway beat Roscommon in a non-replayed Connacht final at Dr. Hyde Park was 1986.
The last time Shinnecock Hills hosted the US Open golf tournament in a World Cup year was 1986.
Any time the Pope has come to Ireland, Argentina have been the world champions.
The last time Dublin won consecutive All-Ireland senior football titles in years ending in 6 and 7, Argentina won the World Cup the following year.

1 Like

Darragh Maloney doing the pieces to camera in an otherwise empty studio on the highlights show tonight. The highlights are cut terribly. Some chap dribbling down the wing and runs it out for a throw. Then it cuts away to a random unrelated passage of play at the other end. No punditry. RTÉ must be broke.

Mo…

Having five commentators and four analysts travelling around Russia doesn’t come cheap.

2 Likes

That’s the fucking price you pay for going to Parnell Park on a Wednesday night .

A member of the Iranian national staff has been hospitalized, attributed to the VAR based non goal decision.
Could VAR end up causing a death in this competition?

O[quote=“gilgamboa, post:2323, topic:26228, full:true”]

It is if you finish work in the early afternoom
[/quote]

Surprised you were the one to take the bait :grinning:o
Only a few more days

1 Like

You’re fucking up my 10 in a row sequence.

1 Like

And the lad who won them the wc

All this implied talk of the Russians doping is beginning to annoy me. Not that I think they’re clean. But the free pass given to Spanish players in particular in the last couple of decades doesn’t seem to extend to the Russians for some reason. Where was all this talk when Guardiola managed teams have been outrunning their opponents?

Maybe the fact that Russia had/has a state run doping scheme in the very recent past/present and that whistle blowers have died mysteriously means people are more likely to make the link?

I think what we are seeing here is that it’s widespread now. You’re right tho, a blind eye is turned to the top teams/players… But Russia came from such a low performance base it’s easy point the finger particularly with all that’s gone on with Russian sport.

Ronaldo is doped up , I don’t care what anyone says.

The links to Spain were just as clear cut. A whole file of dopers discovered and then not released but confirmation there were Spanish footballers on it. Puerto destroyed cyclists’ reputations but the footballers’ names were suppressed.

The location of the most high end doping facilities for blood doping were in Barcelona. The positive tests for the likes of Guardiola, Couto and De Boer when they played outside La Liga and were subjected to different doping control are damning.

Guardiola didn’t learn to dope at Brescia and Couto at Lazio. They got caught when they moved to Italy.

There is absolutely no question that Barcelona in particular were doping their players.

In most other sports those people would be pariahs. They’re seen as masterful innovators in football.

Football had effectively decided to turn a blind eye to doping. The natural consequence of that is people will take advantage.

2 Likes

Yes it’s very disconcerting to be making such unfounded allegations. As such, I have undertook some meetings with Russian delegates as an emissary of TFK and in order to ease the waters and call a truce we have come to an agreement. TFK will be surrendering @glasagusban to Ramzan Karydov.

I think we can all agree that it is a great deal for all involved.

1 Like