FIFA 2018 World Cup Thread

Ouch

Me too. The cunts :rage:

If Argentina can somehow fluke their way into the knockout rounds they need to go two banks of four and hope for the best

1 Like

Tough on one of the all time greats like Messi having such dross around him and an idiot of a manager. Not even players of the quality of Alfredo di Stefano, George Best, Zlatan Ibrahimovic or Lionel Messi can do it all single handedly.

Taking off Aguero for Higuain after the first goal was a surrender. Higuain is a flat track bully.

Mascherano is no longer up to it. No idea how Meza stayed on.

Goal difference has taken a pounding.

Even a Nigeria win tomorrow might not be enough to open a route to a last 16 thrashing by France.

He looks like Derek McGrath - if Derek McGrath had been a heroin addict for five years.

6 Likes

I think Higuain is much more likely to score in a game like this than Aguero. They need a poacher type when Messi is in the team (a Frannie Jeffers type). Higuain doesn’t usually let them down until the final.

Don’t lose the faith mate. Remember, their name is on the Cup.

Never rated him. Aguero is a better finisher and contributes more in the play. Higuain just stands there.

Argentina never replaced Pablo Zabaletta. Simple as that.

Eamon remembers the name of two Chilean players.

2 Likes

Where are the (Dunphy looks around)…Damien Duffs, the Liam Brady’s, the Stage lighting, the cameramen

1 Like

I enjoy his emotional rants about the demise of footballing nations.

1 Like

Argentina are no good cos “Where are the Liam Brady’s and Damien Duff’s” according to Eamin Dunphy, as Liam Brady and Damien Duff sit beside him listening on.

Dunphy is right about there being a systemic decline in South America. Club football in Brazil and Argentina has collapsed in strength. I was just about to utter the same opinion when he went off on one about it. He’s right.

Only catching the highlights, cracker from Modric

Dark horses certainly.

Oooft.

I really hope Croatia win it from here. I’ve had a bet on them the last few tournaments but didn’t bother this time. That midfield is outstanding and the rest is solid

There’s a soft World Cup there for some team. Standard is awful so far and no big team has stood up.