FIFA World Cup 2010 - Group Stage

A letter published in todays Daily Mail:

Wouldn’t it be great if TV coverage of the World Cup was limited to England’s games, those of hosts South Africa and of the tournaments ‘big guns’.

Then we would be spared the ordeal of having to sit through a match between Bongo Bongoland and the Former Soviet Republic of Bulimia and other meaningless events.

Mike Phelps
Yeovil, Somerset

Franco fluffs the best chance so far.

I don’t belive that for a second Runt, that letter is far too left wing for the Mail.

A few of the TFK astro team wouldn’t look out of place on the South Africa team

FIX!!!

Blatter strikes for S Africa, what an awful decision!

EDIT

Ah fuck, my mistake, no sound, he blew for the handball did he?

Mexico currently 7/5 in running, that surely has to be ploughed into???

The keeper was very clever there using the offside rule to his advantage.

the disallowed goal?

he was clearly offside mbb, easily a foot if not more

Good decision. Game badly needs a goal though.

Was there not a lad on the line? Surely he blew for the handball?

He was offside anyway, he was behind the keeper so there was only one between him and the goal. There needs to be two

Itv have said as the keeper was ahead of Vela than the man effectively on the line was the goalkeeper so it was offside. http://www.thefreekick.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

:lol:

MBB doesn’t understand the off side rule…

Last man doesn’t count( it is normally the goalkeeper)

The goal has to come soon. South Africa are complete pants. Just as I write that an excellent move that wins them a cormer.

Christ, South Africa are hopeless. I coach an under 7’s team who have more tactical nous. The amount of time and room they’re giving the Mexicans is ridiculous. 2 or 3 of them go to tackle a Mexican who waits for them, then threads the ball easily to 1 of 4 players in space. 58% posession.

And still, I thi nk South Africa will fluke this.It would be great of they did.

Shite link Puke, didnt see the keepers position. Assumed he’d blown for the handball.

MBB not understanding the rules of offside here. CLG, will you give him a hand there…

south africa are some muck. defending a free kick, and half of them run out to play offside and hold the hands up, and the others go back on their men.

Close there. Its rare you get to say if only the african had a bigger forehead.