FIFA World Cup 2010 - Group Stage

All New Zealand so far and Chris Killen oh so unlucky with a brave header.

New Zealand really giving this their best shot under their inspirational captain, former UDA British agent Brian Nelson. The All Whites’ attacking game plan is causing Slovakia problems.

New Zealand have a history of bottling it at World Cups but this team looks like a more resilient bunch than their rugby players. They’re playing into a bitingly cold stiff breeze in the Sant’Elia stadium in Rustenburg, which was transported brick by brock from Cagliari for this World Cup. Tactically the All Whites look to have got this one spot on with their 3-4-3 formation. So far.

Slovaks touching 4/5 now on Betfair. I might have another go

Tadhg Peavoy sitting nervously as more and more internetters desert his updates on RTE.ie to flock to this thread.

I see Martin Keowm is from the same school of punditry as Ray Houghton :rolleyes:

[size=“5”]Card Watch: Day 4[/size]

First things first. This will be shorter than normal. I am ill.
I also missed the Italy game due to being entertained by Scott Weiland and friends last night.

Second things second. Let me say that the following men are most certainly not alright sorts…
• Stéphane Laurent Lannoy
• Olegário Manuel Bartolo Faustino Benquerença
• Benito Armando Archundia Téllez

Particularly the cheese eating surrender monkey Lannoy. He missed 2 clear bad tackles and allowed them to go unpunished. Nigel De Jong had a very bad tackle early on that would have merited red. There was another later on. I forget who was resonsible for that. Either way, not cool.
Benquerença seemed to have little opportunity to kill anyone. I’ll reserve judgement on Archundia.

Officiating Preview:

1. Jerome Damon of South Africa takes charge of the All Whites and Slovaks. Local boy, keen to impress. I’m hopeful.
  2. Jorge Luis Larrionda Pietrafesa will officiate on Portugal and Côte d’Ivoire. He sent off Daniele De Rossi for his shocking elbow on Brian McBride last time around. He has a decent record of red cards. Again, I’m hopeful.
  3. Viktor Kassai of Hungary referees Brazil’s massacre of the North Korea. I hope to God North Korea do not match the style of their southern brothers.

Our beloved graph took a bit of a beating.

[spoiler]

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_IjAotuegZ6o/TBdpGzf9_4I/AAAAAAAAAR0/yejkm03_fvM/s800/rycd4.png[/spoiler]

[size=“4”]Cards:[/size]
Holland:
[color="#FFFF00"]Yellow:
De Jong
Van Persie

Denmark:
[color="#FFFF00"]Yellow:
Kjaer

Cameroon:
[color="#FFFF00"]Yellow:
N’Koulou

Japan:
[color="#FFFF00"]Yellow:
Abe

Paraguay:
[color="#FFFF00"]Yellow:
Caceres

Italy:
[color="#FFFF00"]Yellow:
Camoranesi

Tadhg from Tipperary has text in “Slovakia to win this”

Slovakia need to pump some ball into the box…The kiwi keeper is wept

This has been a fairly enjoyable game so far,both sides willing to gun it when possible!

Mark Paston is in the same goal as Robert Green on Saturday and he nearly made an even bigger mistake as he fresh airs a clearance. Slovakia would want to press home their wind advantage in the first half. They’ve ten minutes.

Martin Keown was so negative i have had to switch on RTE and Damien Richardson…that’s how bad he was!

Slovakia look retarded in front of goal. Hamsik needs to step up and make my money safe.

Rory Fallon cruelly denied by Mucha but no corner given or asked for. Mucha do about nothing. That’s the second time in this thread I’ve been able to make that pun, after using it about Freddy Adu the other night.

Paston beginning to look afraid of the ball. NZ WITH THEIR SECOND CORNER IN A ROW AS i WRITE.

i’E SYMPATHY FOR pEAVOY. tHIS IS MORE DIFFICULT THAN IT LOOKS.

Woot! Take that Lochhead.

This goalie really should be wearing tracksuit bottoms.

If Mark Paston woz black and wearing tracksuit bottoms I’d be having some laugh at him.

Surprised at Slovakia’s poor showing. Would have expected a lot more from them. They’re making NZ look adequate.

They look nervous, playing with the strong breeze didn’t seem to help them as they are a passing team and would expect them to be a bit better second half