FIFA World Cup 2010 - Group Stage

The winning of this game for the swiss will be Senderos going off injured early in the game

Wonder how Dunphy will backtrack this one?

This is beginning to resemble France 2002.

Fuck this.

Any cross into the box has been easily dealt with by the Swiss.

Llorente should have been brought on instead of Torres who has been rusty to say the least

Dreadful corner by Navas. Dreadful result for the tournament.

Brazil v Spain a real possibility

Swiss Roll Over Spanish

It’s hard to see Spain win the group now. Unfortunately I think there’s a real chance Spain may not qualify at all now. There are a good few players who don’t look fully fit there, or rusty at least.

Sickened for Spain. Still think they’ll beat the other two but there’s huge pressure now.

Will Spain win World Cup? they will in their swiss. They really missed Messi out there.
A couple of bets I have on all the group winners look down the swanny now anyway. Didn’t expect Spain to let me down.

What the fuck is Dunphy on about Iniesta being fit??

remember ireland beat italy in their first game in 1994 and italy went all the way to the final. two good games today and i still hope chile and spain get out of this group.there now could very well be a second round match between spain and brazil.(according to dunphy it will be all piques fault)

Hardly any of the main strikers / second strikers / #10 type players has scored so far. Goals for Klose, the Ghana chap and not many more. No scoring from Anelka, Henry, Rooney, Higuain, Messi, Tevez, Ronaldo, Fabiano, Robinho, Villa, Torres, Van Persie and so on. I find this interesting.

Swiss look odds on now to get out of the group. If Spain are to qualify they will probably have to do it at Chile’s expense which is a pity. Then they’ll have Brazil to deal with.

It was a classic of the Inter/Chelsea “park the bus” genre that has worked sometimes against Barcelona. Hitzfeld got it spot on.

Anyone have the full rules on teams finishing level in points in this World Cup? is it goal difference, head to head or what?
If Chile beat the Swiss and Spain beat Chile, what will happen then?

agreed, it must have driven the Spanish cuckoo and the Swiss were able to stick the knife when it mattered.

Anyone have the full rules on teams finishing level in points in this World Cup? is it goal difference, head to head or what?
If Chile beat the Swiss and Spain beat Chile, what will happen then?

It looks like it’s just simple goal difference. So it’s obviously in Spain’s interest to bang in a few against Honduras. If the Swiss beat Chile then Spain will probably only need a draw against Chile. On the other hand the only chance Spain have of winning the group is for Chile to beat Switzerland, and for Spain to then beat Chile in a hugely prssurised match. All this is presuming that Honduras become the whipping boys. Which may be presumptuous.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:XuaeqWugFAcJ:www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,,5603143,00.html+separate+points+level+world+cup+goal+difference&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ie

First, goal difference is counted, and then the number of goals scored. If that doesn’t separate the teams, then the results between the tied teams are compared, then the goal difference and finally the goals scored in the matches between the tied teams. If they still remain level, a drawing of lots will decide who qualifies for the last 16.

That Apres Match was fairly shite