FIFA World Cup 2010 - Group Stage

Fuckin A

Great nerve from Forlan there after having to wait so long to take it, quality peno

Wouldn’t be surprised if they added another goal or two

I’m the opposite; didn’t see the opener. Tonight, Forlan was lining up a freekick about 25 yards out and, as he started his run up, Pienaar came charging out of the wall. He was about 3 yards from Forlan when the ball was struck; it deflected off him and ref yellow carded him and ordered the retake.

I’m watching the RTE coverage so not sure if Jonathan Pearce is doing commentary tonight
‘the second goal for the Manchester United striker
of a few years ago.’

Superb penalty. Top drawer.

Is George completely ruling out the chance of a South Africa win against France?

Had a cut off Uruguay at 6/4 earlier and should just about break even after a day of near missed with the ponies

pretty much did the same thing against Mexico only the ball went nowhere near him as he didn’t get that close and the ref just awarded a goal kick

Young Cavani has shown some nice touches in the bits of this match i have seen

A draw between France and Mexico would certainly keep South Africa in with an outside chance.

South Africa have crashed and burned badly tonight, although not as badly as Ronan O’Gara did as this venue last year.

Loftus Versfeld is a cracking stadium. It’s a pity they didn’t include King’s Park in Durban and Newlands in Cape Town as well instead of building new stadiums.

Approaching O’Gara proportions now.

:smiley:

Forlan is some player.Real class to everything he does.

Viva Los CharrĂșas

Mexico and France won’t be overly pleased with that result tonight I wouldn’t say. France may have to beat South Africa by a decent margin or Mexico may have to beat Uruguay in the head to head.

Atletico class you mean.

He couldn’t cut it in England though, the best league in the world.

he was well able to cut it against Liverpool :stuck_out_tongue:

South Africa will have to go to the well once more if they’re to survive in this tournament.

RTE prematurely declaring South Africa eliminated and Uruguay through. :lol:

RTE talking about how this will impact on Pienar’s EPL form is a bit much. By far the best coverage in general but they are way too EPL focused.

Yeah, what was that about? Hamilton kept saying that they were out. Then again he also said that the USA beat England.

Also Maxi Rodriguez was playing for Uruguay tonight and Forlan is Argentina’s orchestrator.