FIFA World Cup 2010 - Group Stage

He cant run Puke but at least he wants the ball. With the exception of Dos Santos the other Mexican players hid in the second half. Hernandez has looked lively since coming on and should start ahead of Franco the next day.

Another great chance spurned by South Africa there.

Anybody else think George Hamilton is onto something? In 1966 the host nation drew their opening match and went on to win the World Cup - their group opponents were Mexico, Uruguay and France.

Souey says that both teams will go home happy.

Darragh Moloney says there have been a flood of calls to RTE complaining about the vuvuzelas :lol:

Yes Sid, I often think George Hamilton is on something.

I imagine Joe Duffy will have this sorted out by Monday afternoon.

ā€œMary from Clare is on the line, Mary youā€™re also complaining about the venezuelasā€¦ā€

Come on lads. Letā€™s do this.

Uruguay
01 Muslera
02 Lugano Captain
03 Godin
06 Victorino
16 Pereira
11 Pereira
15 Perez
17 Arevalo Rios
18 Gonzalez
09 Suarez
10 Forlan

No Maloudaā€¦

France
01 Lloris
02 Sagna
03 Abidal
05 Gallas
13 Evra Captain
08 Gourcuff
14 Toulalan
19 Diaby
07 Ribery
10 Govou
21 Anelka

fuck sake, I was sick of hearing about how unlucky Ireland are not to be here blah balh whinge, and switched over to BBC and the cunts are saying the very same thing!

Uruguay didnā€™t impress me against Argentina in that final qualifying match back in October.

Does anybody remember Uruguay manager Oscar Washington Tabarezā€™s brief spell in charge of AC Milan?

Iā€™m going for a 0-0 in this. I suspect it might be one those groups where the teams prove very difficult to separate.

Ribery is one ugly fucker,he looks like a robbers dog.

Uruguay to win this 2-1.

Bastarding French polecats.

You hardly expected one of the greatest and most obvious sporting injustices in history not to be mentioned when France first played in the finals?! Iā€™d say that angle was taken by most TV stations in Europe in fairness.

No need for the self loathing in this case for onceā€¦

Im with Uragauy for this tournament,having Kilkenny men like me and Cluainduaic backing them can only boost thier hopes of some success in this event,they arent doing too bad here so far but im far from happy with this Lug of a Lugano lad,he needs to be fucked out of there and fast im thinking,the cunt wouldnt make a League Of Ireland soccerball team,other than him weā€™re ok.

Cmon the Uraguayians ta fuckā€¦

Why Nelson Mandela wasnā€™t at the opening ceremony:

Decent half from Los CharrĆŗa.

Forlan had a good chance. Suarez needs to just start his runs 2 yards earlier.
Los Pereiros on the wings need to do more going forward.

Iā€™m very happy with PĆ©rez in midfield.

France have only really had the chance from Govou which reallly should have been put away but apart from that the defence has held up well and defending as a unit.
Captain fantastic needs to stop doing his Gary Doherty impression. It was funny at the start but he needs to take this limited France side more seriously.

Yoann Gourcuff is supposedly not a popular man in the French squad. Heā€™s been disappointing any time Iā€™ve seen him for France. ā€œHeā€™s still got the aura about him, has Thierry Henryā€, say the BBC. Yeah.

Who could possibly have guessed that a Uruguayan would get the first red card of the World Cup.

Is there a twist in the tale?

No.

Not Paddy Power anyway, who gave me 9-1 about it :lol:

Uruguay are pretty overrated. France and Mexico from this one.