FIFA World Cup 2010 - Group Stage

I’ll stick with Mexico and Uruguay.

:frowning: You’re overrated!

And pretty.

What a determined and battling performance from 10 men Los CharrĂșa.

Forlan had the chance to win it.
Perez and Rios were collossal in midfield.

Lodeiro was very hard done by on the first yellow but could have got a straight red on the second so I think that is a wash.
[This was good news for me in another way. Readers of the World Cup Betting thread will know why
]
It’s a pity for the next game because Nacho was rubbish and for tonight because France were there for the taking.

Los CharrĂșa abĂș!

Who are Los Charrua at all?,im happy eneogh with this performance from our lads,theyre a lot like Irelands soccerball team these Uragauyians they dont mind booting the ball anywhere at all to get it out of the box,isome of the clearances were agricultural eneogh but 0-0 was a good result considering we finished with ten men.

The way i see it we are in the driving seat to qualify,we’ll beat South Africa and France willl beat Mexico,all we’ve to do is keep it Country against the Mexicans and we’re in the last sixteen.Cmon Uraguay be fucked.

The BBC coverage makes the baby jesus cry

[size=“5”]Card Watch: Day 1[/size]

As I previously alluded to on the WC betting thread I backed the over bets with regard to World Cup Cards.
An excellent side effect of this bet is that I am baying for the referee to give out cards for all kinds of innocuous bullshit. Sometimes they comply, sometimes they don’t and sometimes they give yellow cards for stuff that does not even register on my radar.
I have to say it has very much added to my viewing experience.
To recap the bets I have made:

1. I need there to be more than 290 yellow cards @ 5/6
  2. I need there to be more than 19 red cards @ 5/6
  3. I need there to be more than 27 red cards @ 10/1

The first game was refereed by Ravshan the Uzbek son of Irmat the paedo-rapist. I found a slight bias in him toward the home team. Not that shocking in the slightest but there were a couple of instances where I felt he could have given the home side a few more yellow cards but held his fire.
In the end there were four yellows in what was a very sporting game. 4 yellows in a game without any level of obvious dirt is good news for me.
Better news came in the second game which was manned by Yuichisan Nishimurasan of Japansan. BBC commentators felt he did an excellent job. As did I but for very different reasons. Yellow cards for trivial nonsense such as rolling the ball back to a team taking a free and pointing out where a free kick should be taken are golden for me and is exactly the type of “good” refereeing that will have me in the money.
After 2 games and many yellow cards I know exactly what you are all thinking

What has is done to the graph?

There was no real hope for a red card in the first game.
In the second game NicolĂĄs Lodeiro came up trumps for me. A stupid but probably harsh first yellow card followed up by a borderline retarded lunge gave me the red card I so desperately craved and got the counter going. Evra could have seen a second yellow also.
But, again, you all must be asking yourself
 what has it done to the graph?

Target: 28 Reds
http://lh5.ggpht.com/_IjAotuegZ6o/TBKrDxif8xI/AAAAAAAAARY/9_oG9adQnIU/s800/rcd1.png

[size=“4”]Cards:[/size]
South Africa:
Masilela
Dikgacoi

Mexico:
Juarez
Torrado

France:
Evra
Toulalan
Ribery

Uruguay
Lugano
Victorino
Lodeiro x 2

Gabriel Egan and Damien Richardson commentating here on RTE. Korea are gone 1-0 up from a set piece; wicked ball whipped in and cushion volleyed in from close range. Pretty open start.

Greece after going behind early will have to play more like a slug than a snail now that they trail
 :mellow:

Ive switched to ITV with their commentary team of Jon Champion and Craig Burley. Slightly less annoying than the other two. And by that i mean Richardson. I find him awful annoying and think he is a cunt. Egan is ok in my book

It says a lot about how much of a cunt Craig Burley is that I am choosing Damien Richardson over him. He’s doing the co-commentary on ITV at the moment.

This looks like Greece 1994 rather than Greece 2004.

The carlosvelas aren’t as loud on ITV either can hardly hear the boys on RTE

Richardson is unlistenable to. He has a patronising tone that I can’t stand in commentators.

A big welcome to the thread this morning to all the retards who were watching rugby football.

:clap:

I quite like Damien Richardson as an analyst. It’s a decent commentary team for this match.

It’ll be intesting to see who does the later matches. With the GAA actiion this weekend, the likes of Ger Canning and Jimmy Magee can’t be everywhere and there could be an opening for the likes of the recently demoted Brian Carthy to re-invent himself by doing Argentina v Nigeria. Perhaps Timmy McCarthy or that Fraaaank lad who did the women’s hockey during the Olympics will guide us through the England V USA match.

What’s the name of the lad who did the Limerick-Waterford game last year?

For God sake somebody kick someone.

This is killing my YCPGA.

Dennis Irwin has a smug little head on him. I never liked that cunt.