FIFA World Cup 2010 - Group Stage

Australia will get 2022 Iā€™d say. I have a feeling England will miss out for 2018 although Iā€™d like to see them get it. I see France got 2016, pity itā€™s not Turkey. Italy were embarrassingly eliminated first with almost no support.

Good forum on this sort of stuff here:

Thanks for clearing that up. http://www.thefreekick.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif I was just in awe of Jimmys knowledge.

:smiley: :rolleyes:

but thanks. I may need some help with city choice down the road. Sydney is pretty much out, anywhere else isnā€™t.

FFS, another thick paddy on the way over :rolleyes:

Methinks stumpy wasnt too happy being brought to the likes of New Ross and gave Kev the ultimatum.

Small fish, small bowl ?

:lol:

Anti Limerick is fine by me.

Pitiful sniping comments also fine by me.

I read there that 4 of the North Korean players defected and didnā€™t appear for the opening game against Brazil. The reports are unconfirmed though.

An article on why defection is unlikely

http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=OGIxOTljMWI2ZTIwNDQ0MzAxZDJjZjVmYzQxMWUyY2Q=

Kim Jung Il is some scallywag

Engerland manager Fabio Capello will follow my advice and start David James for tonightā€™s match against Algeria, says BBC Sport.

Germany v Serbia line-ups
Germany:
1-Manuel Neuer
3-Arne Friedrich,
17-Per Mertesacker,
16-Philipp Lahm,
14-Holger Badstuber;
6-Sami Khedira,
7-Bastian Schweinsteiger,
8-Mesut Ozil,
13-Thomas Mueller;
10-Lukas Podolski,
11-Miroslav Klose

Serbia:
1-Vladimir Stojkovic; 3-Aleksandar Kolarov,
6-Branislav Ivanovic,
5-Nemanja Vidic,
20-Neven Subotic,
17-Milos Krasic,
10-Dejan Stankovic,
22-Zdravko Kuzmanovic,
14-Milan Jovanovic,
18-Milos Ninkovic, 1
5-Nikola Zigic.
Referee: Alberto Undiano (Spain)

Good to see Kuzmanovic start, even though he gave away the peno the last day I thought he did alright when he came on and looked ot get things movingā€¦

Stankovic to have a blinder

Mick McCarthy co commentating and taking about our heroic 1-1 draw over the Germans in 2002

Note the avoidance of Sydney (will visit obviously), donā€™t want to be like the other clones like yourself.

Anyway, today is a game of large importance, obviously, to two of my favourite teams, the Germans and Serbs. I think Dunph may have mentioned that people were getting a bit carried away with Germany scoring 4. The Aussies are pure muck (was it KIB who suggested they would get into Rd.2 :smiley: ). Serbia froze the first day out, but i believe there is more in them. This is a decent German side, but nothing special. Serbia though must hope the Aussies pull off a shock 'cos a draw is the most likely the best result Serbia will get today. While they should beat the Aussies, 4 points is unlikely to be enough after loosing their head to head with Ghana, even if the Aussie did slow up the Africans, and they then lost to the Crouts.

Ghana to win tomorrow, Germany-Serbia draw, group over.

Krasic looks to have Bastuber in all kinds of troube when he runs at himā€¦

Thats Damien Richardson by the way co-commentating. Your right about Krasic.

I remember Cork Citys Alan Bennett not giving that Zigic a kick one night down in Turners Cross. He nearly moved to England, but is at Zaragoza or somewhere now is he?

Heā€™s average enough at this level, but heā€™s huge.

There will be a red in this game, in fairness most are, as Damien says, yellows. These two arenā€™t holding back. Good enough standard game, technically anyway.

Klose is sent off, more to follow i would say, ref as mick mccarthy put it is a clownā€¦

Zigic is at Valencia, think he was at Santander before thatā€¦On his way to Birmingham after the WC allegedly

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Take that Rocko you kraut loving cunt

Klose sent off. Referee is making a cunt of this altogether.
Serbia one up.

Mick McCsrthy and Damien Richardson had differing views on the ref. McCarthy said he was a clown, Richardson said he was ā€œentirely consistentā€. I agree with McCarthy. Heā€™s been consistent, just consistently stupid. Unjustified sending off for me.

Krasic roasted Badstuber again for the goal.

Jovanovic apparently signed for Liverpool yesterday.