FIFA World Cup 2010 - Group Stage

FOAD

Where else on the Continent would you see as a feesible option mate that would have the resources and infrastructure to host a WC…

a number of north african countries & the ivory coast, ghana, zambia, kenya,guinea, equatorial guniea to name but a few

the spirit of your post is remarkably similar to your kevin myers thread though

South America should surely be up for hosting one in the near future

I thought Brazil had the next one?

Brazil or maybe Argentina would have to be contenders in the near future.

I think you’re right actually. The English are trying to get the one after that.

Watching Rtes 2 highlights now and Jimmy Mcgee goes that was like something of Wwe that kick the Nigerian player did. :clap:

Brazil has the next world cup…England, Russia and a few others are looking for 2018

Here it is. WC 2014

What he said was yer man went down like someone out of the WWE

Found this from April, think Australia have pulled out of bidding for 2018 since and are concentrating on their 2022 bid

The Japanese Football Association has pulled out of the bidding to host the 2018 World Cup - but remains in the running for the 2022 tournament.

Japan’s exit leaves England as one of six bidders looking to host either tournament, with Fifa to name the hosts for both in December.

Australia, Russia, the United States, Belgium/Netherlands and Spain/Portugal are also in the hat for both.

Qatar and 2002 co-hosts South Korea are bidding solely for the 2022 event.

Confirming Japan’s decision to focus on trying to win the right to host the 2022 World Cup, JFA president Motoaki Inukai suggested that Fifa is keen for the 2018 tournament to be held in Europe.

“We were told European countries would be in a fierce tussle for 2018 and that aiming for 2022 would the best choice,” he said.

606: DEBATE
Your thoughts on England’s World Cup bid chances
Indonesia and Mexico had also planned to bid, but Mexico withdrew last September citing a lack of funding, while Indonesia’s bid to host the 2022 tournament was rejected in March, with Fifa stating that required documents and guarantees had not been received.

England’s bid includes a plan to use 15 stadia in 12 cities, including an expanded Home Park in Plymouth and new Bristol City stadium.

Bidders must submit their final ‘bid books’ on 14 May ahead of Fifa inspections in August and September.

Who cares. I could stay for a good while, if we like it. My work can travel.

Would hate to see England get it,the build up to a home tournament involving them would be unbearable. :o

Euro 92 was a bit of crack though to be fair. Good ol Tel and the Christmas Tree, Gazza and the dentists chair, and then SOuthgate in the grey. :lol:

Poborsky, Nedved, Patrick Berger, Kuntz, Schmeichel, ah it was a dinger of a tournament. Zizou with hair even!

cool- let me know if you need info re visas, internal flights, fx etc etc

Euro 96 you mean mbb…

It would suit Irish fans as it is only over the water…imagine the glamourous friendlies Shamrock Rovers could get

good call

Ah fuck yea, 92 was in Sweden, balls. That was the tournament of a skinny young fella called Tomas Brolin…
http://www.virginmedia.com/images/brolin-400x300.jpg

:lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJvcHtQv_3s
:clap: