FIFA World Cup 2010 - Group Stage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8TNtU0_0_c

Ho, ho, ho.

Why do they keep talking about England beating Slovenia when they couldn’t win tonight? If only RTE had Dunphy on tonight!

The phrase ‘retards trying to fuck a doorknob’ comes to mind

Utterly gutting that Eamo isn’t on the panel.

That Easy headline from the Sun back in December when the group was drawn is backfiring on them now. :lol:

:clap: Runts impeccable record continues

:clap:

BBC say it was England’s 10th goalless draw at the World Cup. No other team has more than seven: Italy, Uruguay, Brazil and (West) Germany.

Anyone catch what Wazza said about the fans walking off the pitch?

BBC: “Nice to see your home fans booing you,” said England striker Wayne Rooney to the television camera as he left the pitch in Cape Town.

Joe Cole is fast becoming Englands Andy Reid

England aren’t very good at this kickball are they?

I’d just reiterate what I wrote immediately after the final whistle. Ho, ho, ho.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was watching the ITV coverage. They started eating their young early in the second half.
They began by second guessing Capello’s management style. That his gruff style was over-pressurising the players.
Then they spouted a load of shit about getting club form in national jersey.
“This is not the Wayne Rooney we see each week in the red jersey”
“This is not the Steven Gerrard we see each week in the red jersey”

I just don’t understand why they don’t play Cole on the left.

I have never understood the idea either of putting a player like Wayne Rooney out on the left wing when he is playing badly.
He is clearly not a winger so by putting him there is weakening the team. He deserved to be taken off and nobody should be immune to being called ashore.
I was hoping he would maim someone.

Why take off Lennon for Wright-Phillips? It’s not really changing anything. It felt like a waste of a substitution.
The team were toothless and a total change in shape was needed. Crouch ended up on the right wing. Heskey was so deep he ended up in his own box.
It’s a total shambles.

They have no balance in midfield and their defence is a mess.
They need to start Cole. One of Lampard of Gerrard has to go, or they need to push Gerrard up front.

The story they were going with on ITV is that every title winning team has a stage where they look like England do now. They then reeled out a few spurious examples of this theory in action. Phil Thompson’s playing days were invoked. Hilarious.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I wish Tim Lovejoy was presenting the phone in on Five Live tonight. I wish.

This bet was voided.

I should this so.:wink: