FIFA World Cup 2010 - Group Stage

Ah this is great. Ossie made a prediction before the game, he said “oajengbeaviobwrviobwerouibvrbiwnrevnwdvnwdnvipwdnvib” and he is spot on so far.

:lol: :smiley: :smiley:

Paraguay look much the better team here. I reckon they’ll go on and win comfortably.

Starting to get a little nervous now ahead of the Italian game.

Brutal game of football. Hamsik has been awfully disappointing. Whole team not playing well for Slovakia but at least weiss is giving it a go. Paraguay look in complete control in all areas.

Surprised stoch hasn’t been introduced yet.

Paraguay score a goal to spite themselves there.

Are some of the RTE commentators doing the role from Dublin? George and the likes are over there obviously - they also do those little ‘scene setting’ pieces before the games from the stadium but Rico co-commentated on the late game last night and the early game this morning. I imagine they were played in different cities. Gabriel Egan sounded like he was commentating from his living room when describing the two Paraguay goals today. Paraguay are handy enough in fairness to them.

I’ve no idea what Ossie said there before they went to the ad break and I was paying close enough attention to the debate. I have a feeling the AprĂ©s Match lads will get great mileage out of him.

It’s a pity you didn’t understand him because it’s the most insightful punditry RTE have ever had.

Italy arent very good at this defending set pieces thing are they?

I can understand him perfectly. My old fella said earlier he has improved his english beyond all recognition since he first came to England, whenever that was, '81 maybe?

Italy in trouble, but they should be ok. This would be the biggest surprise in the history of the WC i’d say if pulled off.

I’ve put a chunk of cash on Italy now they’ve gone behind.

Italy will come back from this because they’re in my treble. Now off to bet on the Mets Yankees game. Barrup!

Will take fair going to keep Italy out from this early stage alright Bandage, would seem a safe bet I’d imagine. NZ kit is quite nice I must admit.

They are indeed. I know Magee is in Ireland for sure. Hamilton was over there and he was commentating with Rico last night so imagine Egan is too.

The NZ kit reminds me of Kildare. :wink:

Just jonied you on that.

:o
:guns:

Soft enough but it was a penalty alright. You have to be more subtle than that.

Dodgy penalty, only one a big team would get. Nice finish.

Brilliant play by De Rossi. :clap: