FIFA World Cup 2010 - Group Stage

Ossie is making his Rte Debut today. :clap:

An obvious enough one but I liked the movement and link-up play from HIGUAƍN in the first Argentinian game but he didnā€™t get much luck with his finishing. He rectified that in the second leg and looks like a striker in form, and importantly he looks like he plays well with Messi and Tevez.

I mostly agree with your other opinions other than Bradley who I havenā€™t seen enough of so far to judge. Sanchez was McGeadyesque against Honduras.

Ah lovely. :clap:

Ossie Ardiles can barely speak english by the looks of it

Do you not watch La Liga on Sky? He does be on that mumbling out of him too.

Shut the fuck up. Predicting Holland would win their first 2, even all 3 group games is hardly mind boggling. And Sid is entitled to change his mind as things unfold in front of him. I always felt this was an english disaster waiting to happen, but i never saw them playing this bad.

Now for Bandages list.

So far this for me has been a tournament of fantastic full back and winger play. Great to see.

MiloÅ” Krasić (right winger) of Sebia has been superb for me. He tore Germany a new one.
Max Pereria (midfield) of Uruguay
Salcido (left back) of Mexico has been one of the players of the tournament. (Mexico are a fabulous team to watch in general)
Pique was excellent for Spain in an otherwise out of sorts team, think heā€™ll go on to have a storming tournament.
Bocanegra of USA was good last day, not so sure about England game, was pissed watching it.
Boudebouz of Algeria was super the other night, England couldnā€™t stop his pace and movement.
Robinho
Honda from Japan looks class.
Sneijder
Birsa from Slovenia is a quality player, his movement and ball control is top notch. Iā€™d expect him to be swooped from Auxerre
Messi
Higuain
Gervinho of Ivory Coast has some talent, lacking a bit of brain as yet.
Dennis Rommedahl rolling back the years last night.
Hernandez of Mexico, United seem to have bought well here.

Anyone like the look of Slovakia at 11/4 today?

Poor result in their first game obviously, as against a decent result for the Paraguayish lads but they should have won that game comfortably and they have the talent to cause Paraguay problems.

The players that have impressed me so far are all of the American team and Rob Green.

Yes.Have backed them at that,draw no bet and minus one.Paraguay are playing three up front so might be bit more open than Brady was suggesting anyway.

Heard that he was working for another network in South Africa for the last week.

Really. Well I heard that today too when they said it on RTE.

As Iā€™m not watching the tv I wouldnā€™t know that would I :rolleyes:

What you are doing or not doing is none of my business.

Slovakia havenā€™t started here at all. Commentators are saying they need to get Weiss involved which is true in one respect but itā€™s Hamsik who really needs to step up to the plate in the middle of the park. Theyā€™ve had very little possession and hardly any penetrative passing. Hamsik is a good player he should be well capable of getting some control in midfield.

Ah lovely. The first part of my treble is looking good.

Cracking finish,well deserved. :clap:

Lovely, lovely finish by Paraguay there.

Boratā€™s take on it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBduNcf1eQc

Lovely finish that but terrible defending.

Skrtel was way out of position because he was standing watching a Slovakian throw-in and never bothered shifting back over to the middle of defence.

A bit of health warning given itā€™s the Mail On Sunday but they say they have quotes from Earle saying ITV gave him 400 tickets. Thatā€™s mental:

ITV gave me 400 tickets: Pundit Robbie Earle reveals just how his tickets came to be used in a Dutch breweryā€™s ambush

Not guilty: Robbie Earle insists he had no idea the World Cup tickets he gave to Keith Higgins would be sold on

ITV was at the centre of a new World Cup ticketing storm last night after it was revealed that it supplied its disgraced football pundit Robbie Earle with an astonishing 400 tickets for the tournament, including 40 for the final with a black market value of at least Ā£2,000 each.

A top ITV executive ā€“ one of its four directors of news and sport ā€“ helped organise Earleā€™s massive allocation for 11 high-profile matches, including Englandā€™s group games, with a face value of Ā£70,000.

In contrast, the BBC applied for only 200 tickets for the whole tournament, including 20 seats for the final which will be distributed by a staff lottery.

In an exclusive interview with The Mail on Sunday, ex-footballer Earle claims that he told ITV the seats were for a ā€˜close friendā€™ for use by his family and friends and ā€˜business clientsā€™.

But a Mail on Sunday investigation has established that the friend, Keith Higgins, has also regularly been involved in the unofficial sale of tickets for sold-out international sporting events, concerts and West End shows ā€“ including supplying them to a top political public relations firm with close links to the Labour Party.

Earle says he had no idea of his friendā€™s business activities and would never have risked his reputation in football by allowing tickets in his name to be sold on.

Last night, football supportersā€™ groups said the case highlighted how the World Cup organisers favoured sponsors and broadcasters over real fans.
Kevin Miles, of the Football Supporters Association, said: ā€˜The big issue here is why FIFA gives less than half the tickets at the World Cup to real fans.
ā€˜It lavishes tickets on corporate sponsors and broadcasters and then those seats go unused or are sold on the black market.ā€™

There are strict rules on the re-sale of tickets because of fears over hooliganism, crime and terrorism, yet ITV News Group director Guy Phillips agreed to Earleā€™s request for the huge number of tickets ā€“ including supplying 40 seats with a face value of around Ā£600 each for the World Cup Final on July 11.

Goal has given Slovakia that bit of a kicking they needed.

Doesnā€™t say much for them if they only start playing when theyā€™re one down but they are at long last stringing some passes together and getting runners from midfield. That was a cracking chance though for Hamsik to play Vittek in earlier and it was a horrible ball.