FIFA World Cup 2010 - Group Stage

Tomorrow we enter the second half of the competition. The days also start getting shorter. It’s all downhill from here. It’s very depressing.

Is Pedro Mendes still playing for Glasgow Rangers???

No. Sporting.

Fingal :smiley:

Sporting Lisburn.

There are goals in this for Portugal. A 4-0 win or somthing would virtually seal qualification for them. The draw is opening up for them big time and they will fancy themselves to reach the semis. As do I.

They need Ronaldo to get the finger out and one of their strikers to come into a few goals but they have a decent defence and won’t give away too much

Switched over to the BBC and Lineker, Hansen and Shearer were laughing uproariously over some lame gag about Germany. They then went on to show an ad with Brian Blessed shouting some shite about England. “Who does he play for?”, asks Hansen. Cue more uproarious laughter.

More uproarious laughter from Hansen now.

Ossie Ardiles wants to be manager of Australia after the World Cup. There may be a pun or two to be had there but I sure can’t see one.

Lovely goal from Portugal there. 2-0 now.

Nice clever heads up football there for the second goal

Cunts the lot of them. I haven’t watched a match on BBC in at least four years i would say…

Goal of the tournament so far?

Oh yes. Another cracker. 3-0.

Portugal cut the North Koreans to ribbons there for the third…

And Ronaldo hasn’t been involved in any of them.

loverly…more goals to come i would say

The Portugese wingers are shredding North Korea.

The bet some of us have of no African team getting through is becoming interesting.
Hopefully Portugal can score another couple.

As I said earlier, in 1966 North Korea led 3-0 but Portugal came back to win 5-3. Portugal are now leading 3-0, it looks like history is now about to repeat itself in reverse.

A thrashing. There are North Korean fans crying in the stands…