Financial advice

This seems to be the way to go. Called Avant, no penalty to pay back early, so borrow more, get the cheaper rate, and pay back the additional amount immediately.

Iā€™m a financial wizard. Up your game @Julio_Geordio.

Price of second hand cars seem to have dramatically increased. Presume thatā€™s because of Brexit.

Myself and @mikehunt have probably suffered little to no depreciation over last 2 years while lads are wasting time and money with NCT tests

1 Like

Oh dear

Brexit and the increased cost of new cars. Because of covid the supply of new cars is short due to factories being close and supply chains for parts being shit for months. Raw materials for everything has seen massive inflation of prices. There is a global shortage of semi conductorā€™s also driven by bitcoin mining. Many factories in England are on rolling shut downs not entirely because of brexit but supply chain issues. Cost of new cars will sky rocket next year

1 Like

Whatā€™s happened to all the rented cars for tourists that havenā€™t been used in 2 years ? Surely theyā€™ll have to flood onto market at some stage ?

They already did.

1 Like

Folks due to receive some inheritance from a relation in America (just over $10k) and I am just wondering what the best way to go about it is and not get screwed on currency exchange or commissions when I cash the cheque? Has anybody any experiences doing such a thing and point me in the correct direction?

Piece of cake. Just put the $100 dollars administrative fee in an envelope as per the instructions in the email and theyā€™ll take it from there.

2 Likes

Wrong place to ask a serious question question

Tell the executor to leave the money into JP Clarkeā€™s on McLean Avenue and the Leitrim lads will weave it to you through assorted, well trusted channels. Sadly Scotties on Lexington Avenue has ceased trading but it would have been another, less secure option.

My folks received a similar sum (I think 15k) from my motherā€™s godfather who passed away in Connecticut. If they have an accountant or solicitor, chat to them and theyā€™ll usually know the auld fix.

1 Like

Cheers for that, I wasnā€™t even sure the next steps to take in it as have never been in this position before will reach out to my accountant.

Iā€™d try to avoid cashing a cheque for sure.
Revolut Iā€™d use for 10k.
Iā€™ve never had a problem with them, but Iā€™d be afraid of exchanging too much money with them just in case. (10k probably tops)

i trust that given your good fortune that seebeyondborders and tour de munster will be benefitting?

if youre feeling really ostentatious you might throw @rocko 50p to put in the meter

Iā€™ve used transferwise lately. Very good

Donā€™t you mean 9999euro?

FAO of anyone older ref credit union loans.
Been hearing for yonks ref not being able to get a CU loan after 65 or if getting one before u hit 65 it needs to he paid up in full by the time you get to 65

Bishopstown CU refuted that urban myth ref their own cu

I was asking about a loan within 2 years as my kid hopefully will be driving by then
Allayed my fears anyway
Might be handy information for older posters or their parents.

1 Like

Has anyone used CleverCards? Looking at them for a staff bonus thing (up to ā‚¬1,000 tax-free) as an alternative to One4All

I used allgo to buy some this morning. Someone else recommended them to me. The ordering process was very straighforward and paid extra for express delivery so am told I will have them before the end of the week.

1 Like

Swirlcard is another one.

1 Like