Fintan O'Toole v Eoghan Harris debate: another thread ruined

Harris knew exactly what he was writing and the meaning of it. It was sexist and bigoted. Aoife Moore is a Catholic woman from Derry who was simply doing her job. Bizarrely, in Harris’s eyes that appears to make her head of communications for Sinn Fein. Martina Devlin is another journalist he has targetted. Again, a Catholic woman from the North.

Writing about Sinn Fein from a fiercely oppositional standpoint is totally legitimate.

Targetting northern Catholic women for abuse for no other reason than they are northern Catholic women is misogynist, pretty much sectarian bigotry.

7 Likes

I’d say it’s also likely Moore and Devlin are more likely SDLP supporters than SF.

Can anyone reasonably explain why the Sindo gave such a high profile to Harris, Ruth Dudley Edwards and Eilis O Hanlon over the past 20 years? They all seemed to genuinely hate the thought of an United Ireland, even in RDE’s case, hate Irish people. Surely there’s more to this than Sir Tony O’ Reilly trying to get his knighthood?

1 Like

The Cruiser was anothere one, probably the biggest cunt of the lot

5 Likes

At the start of the interview Harris cited Gusty Spence as a good friend.

For those of you who missed earlier, get a comfy chair, your favourite tipple and sit back and enjoy

https://www.rte.ie/radio/radioplayer/html5/#/radio1/21950950

6 Likes
6 Likes

Is Eddie one of the two business men is next question?

Captain America Laughing GIF by mtv

Had a listen there was classic, him losing the plot was great. A bit sickening when he mentioned “he could say he got turned on by a Michael Martin speech”. :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting:

1 Like

Car Crash stuff

1 Like

Ah lovely, thanks fooley. Just came onto thread to ask for a link.

Many thanks! I enjoyed that. To be fair I wavered at cringing for the man and wondering if he needed some help.

Harris is one of the biggest wankers going and deserves everything he’s getting but #infairness I don’t think he meant anything sexual with the comment about Mary lou or was commenting about the size of yer one aoife moores arse the way she made out. Typical twisting stuff that goes on these days when the general tone and anonymous nature of the account was enough to damn him without her intervention .

3 Likes

Exactly. Absolute bizarre behaviour by Harris and he’s rightly being shown up for it but I don’t think there was a sexual element to it at all

If he hates SF, he’s alright in my books :sunglasses:

1 Like

Martin should get an absolute hammering for having Harris as his chief adviser. That’s where he gets his childish retorts to Pearse O Doherty and SF from, as well as his “there was no banking bailout” spin bullshit.

Are Fianna Fáil so currently ball-less as a party, there’s no-one will to oust him? That Martin uses this guy to get a finger on the pulse to judge the mood of the nation, beggars belief

5 Likes

Martin probably still exists in a 1990s mindset where he feels he can run down SF with past actions of the IRA. I think it’s fair to say must people under the age of 40 down south couldn’t really give a toss about the IRA or their actions but have their everyday live impacted by the policies of FFG.

8 Likes

Ia that for true? No wonder FF are so out of touch. Actually, is there somewhere you can look to see who ministers advisors are?

The “turned on” by Mary Lou comment is clearly sexualised.

1 Like