Fitness XL- Your training routine

His fanny will be in immense shape by the time he masters it.

[ATTACH=full]1994[/ATTACH]

Gym empty of a Friday so i try out random things and do a few other bits I missed during the week. All done in pairs.

Box jumps 5x4 up to about four feet
Flag, hold body sideways and stretch legs out horizontal til collapse

Clean and press 8x4
Weighted jumping lunges 12x4

Handstand push-ups 5x4
Ab roller from standing 5x4

YWTIs
Back extension

Some plank variations and some punch bag

Careful with the Oul weighted jumping lunges glas. I did the cartilage in by better knee doing that sort of thing at crossfit. Have missed a month of football and a race already.
Handstand push-ups are hard. That’s good going.
From what I understand, and its limited enough, deep squats, clean and press etc., should be done separately from other weights and exercises to protect your back/discs.

Just you tubed that human flag thing. Fuck me it looks impossible.

[QUOTE=“flattythehurdler, post: 1146228, member: 1170”]Just you tubed that human flag thing. Fuck me it looks impossible.
[/QUOTE]
It’s a piece of piss mate

I will be going to the gym for a core and squat session in a few minutes, I will come home for my breakfast then, I intend heading for box hill on my bike today to reenact Sir Bradley Wiggins glory of the Olympics in 2012, that’s about 80 miles, shoulder and core session again tonight then

[QUOTE=“flattythehurdler, post: 1146227, member: 1170”]Careful with the Oul weighted jumping lunges glas. I did the cartilage in by better knee doing that sort of thing at crossfit. Have missed a month of football and a race already.
Handstand push-ups are hard. That’s good going.
From what I understand, and its limited enough, deep squats, clean and press etc., should be done separately from other weights and exercises to protect your back/discs.[/QUOTE]
Cheers Flatty. I should probably emphasise that many of those are attempted exercises. For example handstand push-ups are against a wall and a few degrees off fully vertical just yet, but getting there. Flag the same, I stretch my legs out slowly and usually collapse under the weight before i to get to full stretch, but managed to hold out to left side yesterday for a second. The weights exercises aren’t too heavy I reckon.

Bradley won the time trial, not the road race. I don’t think they went up box hill Some Astana drug cheat whose name escapes me won the road race.

I’ll be going to my local for, circa 10- 12 pints of smithwicks as I back a few horses in the company of my dear friends. We may play a few games of 25 or maybe Texas hold 'em. Depending who’s going home early or not.
I’ll surely have a Chinese take away of some sort on the way home @ 8:30pm … Ish.
Breakfast roll tomorrow on the way to a kids Gaa match and then be back in the pub for the MSHC clash of … Of … Fuck it who’s playing again ?? Can never remember the teams in games of no importance.
Enjoying my life so much right now. Not a care in the world.
#fithealtylean+strong.

bumped for @tazdedub - the hard graft is done in this thread… the other one is full of fun boys and spoofers.

Anyways, I started back in the gym last week, hadn’t lifted weights seriously in 6 months… Long road back, strength was well down naturally.

Pull ups - 3 x 7
Bench - 3 x 10 60kg, 70kg, 80kg
Squat - 3 x 10 60kg
Deadlift - 3 x 8 60kg, 70kg, 80kg
Lunges 3 x 10 with 15kg dumbells + 10 rear lunges after each set
Push ups 3 x12
Hip thrusters 3 x 10 60kg

I was stiff for 3 days and went again…should be easier this week :pint:

I got an awful run around in training last night from a young fella half my age. It was the first proper session back after the rib injury and the ribs are well mended at this stage but fitness has suffered.

If it was a game I would definitely have had to resort to off the ball shenanigans which is disappointing but you do what you have to.

Anyway, upwards and onwards. We have a game tomorrow evening so in the event that I’ll get landed with a young speedster, can any of you advice what the best plan of action is.

What insults would work best with an 18 year old? How would you get under their skin?

[QUOTE=“Kinvara’s Passion, post: 1156130, member: 686”]I got an awful run around in training last night from a young fella half my age. It was the first proper session back after the rib injury and the ribs are well mended at this stage but fitness has suffered.

If it was a game I would definitely have had to resort to off the ball shenanigans which is disappointing but you do what you have to.

Anyway, upwards and onwards. We have a game tomorrow evening so in the event that I’ll get landed with a young speedster, can any of you advice what the best plan of action is.

What insults would work best with an 18 year old? How would you get under their skin?[/QUOTE]
I wouldn’t waste my time. Everything an oul lad like you says to him is a joke. He has his whole life in front of him. Fingering different birds every weekend. Can drink all weekend with no hangover. 4 years of college ahead of him. You’re nothing to him.
As soon as the balls in the air, aim for the spongy tissue in his back, just right of the spine, under the ribcage and empty the cunt.

[QUOTE=“Kinvara’s Passion, post: 1156130, member: 686”]I got an awful run around in training last night from a young fella half my age. It was the first proper session back after the rib injury and the ribs are well mended at this stage but fitness has suffered.

What insults would work best with an 18 year old? How would you get under their skin?[/QUOTE]

Stick your finger up his hole

[QUOTE=“Chucks Nwoko, post: 1156135, member: 2812”]I wouldn’t waste my time. Everything an oul lad like you says to him is a joke. He has his whole life in front of him. Fingering different birds every weekend. Can drink all weekend with no hangover. 4 years of college ahead of him. You’re nothing to him.
As soon as the balls in the air, aim for the spongy tissue in his back, just right of the spine, under the ribcage and empty the cunt.[/QUOTE]

Yes but because of that the way to mess up his concentration/focus is not via abuse/threats but to have an ongoing pleasant chat with him like Anthony Daly did with Seánie McGrath that time. Ask the young chap about the birds he’s doing, his session plans, where he’s off to on holidays, what music he’s into. Then bang, shoulder out of the way, ball snaffled up and launched back downfield. Now where were we?

Interesting… whats the current hip terminology for shifting and riding?

Thanks @ChocolateMice, I was beginning to think the place had been over run by fun boys.

Anyway I finally went to see a physio about the strength problem in the my legs and he found that there is a huge imbalance between the strength in my quads and in my hamstrings and also that my hip flexibility and flexibility in general is shit. He started me on a programme and the difference that it made in first 5 weeks was unreal. Most of the exercises were body weight one with only the leg press as the weighted one. I can already see the definition in my quads and can feel the strength returning. I now have dont have to worry about my knees buckling if I have to stop suddenly especially in a tennis match. :slight_smile:

My legs work out is

Single leg press - 3 sets of 15, starting at 60kgs
Double leg press - 3 sets of 15, starting at 180kgs
seated squat - 3 sets of 15, starting at 7kg
lunges - 3 sets of 15
single leg Step ups – 3 sets of 15
single leg step downs - 3 sets of 15
leg raises with resistance band - 3 sets 15
squats with Olympic barbell over head - 3 sets of 15
Leg extension with resistance band - 3 sets of 15
hip abduction with resistance band - 3 sets of 15
supine back bridge using exercise ball - 3 sets of 15
single leg back bridge using exercise ball - 3 sets of 15.
resistance band walks - 3 sets of 15.
Balance exercises.
stretching.

[QUOTE=“tazdedub, post: 1156166, member: 312”]Thanks @ChocolateMice, I was beginning to think the place had been over run by fun boys.

Anyway I finally went to see a physio about the strength problem in the my legs and he found that there is a huge imbalance between the strength in my quads and in my hamstrings and also that my hip flexibility and flexibility in general is shit. He started me on a programme and the difference that it made in first 5 weeks was unreal. Most of the exercises were body weight one with only the leg press as the weighted one. I can already see the definition in my quads and can feel the strength returning. I now have dont have to worry about my knees buckling if I have to stop suddenly especially in a tennis match. :slight_smile:

My legs work out is

Single leg press - 3 sets of 15, starting at 60kgs
Double leg press - 3 sets of 15, starting at 180kgs
seated squat - 3 sets of 15, starting at 7kg
lunges - 3 sets of 15
single leg Step ups – 3 sets of 15
single leg step downs - 3 sets of 15
leg raises with resistance band - 3 sets 15
squats with Olympic barbell over head - 3 sets of 15
Leg extension with resistance band - 3 sets of 15
hip abduction with resistance band - 3 sets of 15
supine back bridge using exercise ball - 3 sets of 15
single leg back bridge using exercise ball - 3 sets of 15.
resistance band walks - 3 sets of 15.
Balance exercises.
stretching.[/QUOTE]

:clap::clap::clap:

The other lads are shoving bananas up their hole.

The other lads are shoving bananas up their hole.[/QUOTE]

From what I have seen from some of them on the Fitness thread, it sounds like they are shoving bananas up each others hole.

At least some of their muscles are getting a workout I suppose…