Fleadh Cheoil in Ennis August 2017

With all that joy you’ve had in your life it’s a shock that you’re such a negative miserable cunt who worships a made up character on the internet

1 Like

Fuck off out of this thread with your lickspittle negativity.

Irish culture is something to be cherished. The real essence of it, as @HBV described, when it comes together there is nothing like it

1 Like

In Cruises and I won’t know my arse from my elbow in a couple of hours. The fleadh is getting a right send-off

3 Likes

No difference to any other time, so.

You’ve Sid following you around now, you’ve rattled him good and proper.

magical memories

cc @HBV

1 Like

Where else would you see the likes of that? I actually remarked to myself at one stage the distinct lack of our coloured brothers around the streets, so it’s lovely to see it.
I was watching an hour of fleadh TV there early, it would bring a lump to your throat. It’s very very very Good. I have the 3 nights taped so thats the next month TV covered for me.

No fleadh for Ennis next year.

Only 25 turned up for the Wolfe Tones concert :smile:

Where were all the pretend IRA?

3 Likes

“Nobody parked and rode”.

We had a few pretend musicians with pretend anecdotes but the RA never bothered endorsing this

I’m sitting here drinking a bottle of whiskey watching Martin Hayes fiddling on rte 1

Its totally un natural what he can get out of a fiddle. He is possibly the greatest living Oirish man.

2 Likes

He footers over the top of it. If he wasn’t miked you wouldn’t hear him behind a paper bag. That’s not to dismiss his feel or talent but he may as well be playing the kazoo… Or the concertina

Hes no Brian Rooney thats for sure

What’s the whiskey? (stick with the tune until the reel kicks in)
https://youtu.be/WPVvA17zTVo

Would you often spend your spare time watching other grown men fiddle?

1 Like

Watching a bit of this gloaming concert. Seems a lot of pretentious auld scutter.

Bit of the riverdance about it, harmless enough way to accumulate a few quid though

It’s a nice way to wind down the night at any rate