Fleadh Cheoil na hÉireann

Mullingar - August 2020.

Let’s keep this simple:

• Is Mullingar a decent town?

• Is Mullingar safe?

1 Like

Let me answer your question with a question.

• Are you a member of the travelling community?
2 Likes

It was in Drogheda last year :thinking: Is there some kind of correlation between trad music and feud-related violence?

The finest @Bod95 will put you up.

Yes and Yes, finest of pubs and restaurants. Look forward to meeting you in August

1 Like

The oul fella was tight with the settled tinkers around Monaghan. They’d land up the lane the odd Saturday morning and he’d sell them tractor parts, gates, an old micra that was beyond fixing, a few terrier pups, anything at all. He always gave them a bargain, knowing fine well they’d have it for free if they wanted it.

Ah, you’ve played knifey spooney before so, you’ll be grand.

Alright, you’ve reassured me beyond belief. Mullingar will need to be at the top of her game to top #ennis17

2 Likes

It will be an opportunity for many of us to have a few whiskeys with suspended poster @Hbv. He’s a big fan of the music.

1 Like

Not the shouty nordie music though!

Fella on the news there talking about the Fleadh. Says sure isn’t Mullingar the music capital of Ireland. Sure we’ve got Joe Dolan, Brezzie and the Academic. Cut to a bronze statue of Joe Dolan bursting out of his trousers.

3 Likes

It’s going to be off the chain, 31 July - 7 August

1 Like

@Bod95 has the house rented for the week for €5k. In fairness, could you blame him.
Everywhere you find an ass - ride it.

3 Likes

2 years late but kicking off on Sunday with Miggledy opening proceedings, 500k visitors expected over the week, I’d have zero interest but will tip in a few evenings to see what’s going on.

1 Like

Go in as much as you can.

A philosophy to live by.

1 Like

Ready to go town buzzing

6 Likes

I pulled into a petrol station outside the Mullingar hinterland during the week. The attendant on duty was full of chat telling me the drinking at the fleadh would be ferocious altogether.

3 Likes

@Bod95 , would you tip into Una Leonard for an auld cream bun the odd time?

1 Like

We would top notch offerings

1 Like