Fodder Crisis

No, John Bryan will be on the radio saying the farms need grants to build more sheds cause they’ve nowhere to store all the bales

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OnNzmfv9pQ

Silage harvesters to be seen at work making silage & cutting Maize in North Tipperary today.

Incredible scenes.

And better still, i was told today that grass is plentiful enough to see animals out till Mid November. :eek:

The World is fucked.

[ATTACH=full]873[/ATTACH]

KP this fire was closer to blanchardstown, so it wasn’t that one. I will conduct some investigations.:slight_smile:

I don’t think you need to be Sherlock Holmes to figure out what started the fire @tazdedub . Ye Townies just can’t be trusted in Agri related matters.

@Kinvara’s Passion
https://scontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/t1.0-9/10262229_772438209433936_338979499834548756_n.jpg

[QUOTE=“carryharry, post: 941723, member: 1517”]@Kinvara’s Passion
https://scontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/t1.0-9/10262229_772438209433936_338979499834548756_n.jpg[/QUOTE]

Mad bitches…

We sold our old bull today. 10 years he was with us and never gave an ounce of trouble.

We bought a young buck last week, lovely animal and mad for hole. He nearly creamed himself Monday evening when we let him out to a few heifers.

[QUOTE=“Kinvara’s Passion, post: 941730, member: 686”]Mad bitches…

We sold our old bull today. 10 years he was with us and never gave an ounce of trouble.

We bought a young buck last week, lovely animal and mad for hole. He nearly creamed himself Monday evening when we let him out to a few heifers.[/QUOTE]
:clap::clap::clap:
Lets hope he fathers plenty of healthy heifers.

Lets hope he fathers plenty of healthy heifers.[/QUOTE]

The ould fella only left 3 after him so he has a handy debut season ahead.

How are farmers on the board getting on with this current fodder crisis? @KinvarasPassion. I’ve an uncle who ran out of fodder a month ago and has been buying in hay since, I think he is even out of what he bought in now and can’t get his hands on any new stuff. He was saying it’s the worst fodder crisis he’s ever seen.

I’m grand for another month. On the west coast you’d have to have enough to get you as far as mid April or May in most years anyway. It’s mainly dairy farmers that are screwed. Alot of Farmers had to put them in earlier last autumn which has compounded matter.

I hear @KinvarasPassion will be in trouble in a week. I’ll sell him some auld shite I have sitting there for the last few years.

6 Likes

We’ve a few round bales of rushes that were topped in the bog. We won’t see @KinvarasPassion stuck.

2 Likes

I’m in a bad way lads, I’ll take anything I can get my hands on. Overstocked and down to a handful of bales. I had to pull the ivy down from the trees to keep a few ewes in milk.

Lads, you know ye just have to ask & I’ll sort ye out. :+1:

6 Likes

Can’t say fairer than that.

Lads with Zero Grazers on hire must be making a fortune through all this.

How much fodder do yis really need for a pet goat and three broken mouthed ewes?

1 Like

Some lads here have massive pretend farms mate, for some others no amount of pretend help is too much trouble

2 Likes