Football betting season 2011/2012

Paddy Powers have Ireland @ 5/2 to top the group.

Evens to qualify - 8/11 not to

80/1 to win the bloody thing

Bit of an aftertimer but a lad in work was telling me some stat about England games in the qualifiers and the corners in each game. Thereā€™s always been less than 10 corners in every game theyā€™ve played. He read it somewhere during the summer and backed the unders on it last Friday and today - it came in on Friday and also tonight. Maybe worth keeping an eye on for their last 2 matches. It was as long as 10/11 this evening.

Roma and Cagliari is a match which I expect plenty of goals in tomorrow.

You can get over 3 goals at 2.92.

Iā€™ll also be backing both teams to score at 1.83.

Both odds taken from betfair.

Anyone know where I can get odds on Van Bommrl getting shown a card tonight? Usually Betfair cater for this but itā€™s not up at the moment.

Aside from Tottiā€™s bet above anyone else considering anything for tonight?

Finally managed to get my betfair access sorted so Iā€™m looking forward to having a second income again.

Over 3 goals between Barca and Milan.

Over 2 goal between Dortmund and Arsenal.

Over 2 goals between Chelsea and Leverkusen.

Comes in around 6/1.

Overs in the Arsenal game looks good.
Have layed Porto at 1.68, think they might struggle at this level without Villas-Boaand and Falcou. Shaktar are a decent outfit who can score goals on their travels. They look organized enough to get a result there. Have also thrown that lay into a fourfold with backs of Chelsea, Barca and Valencia who should all win handy enough tonight. Pays about 6/1.

Went with

Chelsea to win 2-0 @ 8.2
Chelsea to keep a cleansheet @ 2.16
Arsenal to win @ 4.5
Overs in Porto/Shakhtar @ 1.89

Also just backed Barca in play at 1.78. No real solid basis for it as I canā€™t see the game but I hear Milanā€™s squad has an average age of 29.3 so Iā€™m hoping Barca will wear them down. Also Milan only have one game under their belts so that combined with their age will hopefully mean they tire.

Any bets tonight lads? Havenā€™t had time to look at anything in depth so hoping to steal someone elseā€™s work.

Not hugely gone on that United team.

Nothing major tonight, just a few to keep me entertained in work for the afternoon. Iā€™ve gone with:

City / Napoli under 2.5 goals @ 2.44
Inter to win @ 1.48
Man Utd to win @ 2.26
Bayern to win @ 1.96

No analysis done whatsover so will be happy if I get some entertainment and donā€™t lose all 4.

I like the look of Malagai at 23/20 away to Zaragoza this evening. They have made a very solid start under Pelligrini and play a very fluid 4-4-2 with the likes of Carzola, Van Nistelrooy, Joaquin and Rondon giving them a serious goal threat and a touch of class. Zaragoza are average as the day is long

Iā€™m going to try and put a grand aside from now until June and throw it on Italy for the Euros. They can be got at 13/1 at the minute which are fantastic odds.

I think Germany will win the Euros next summer, Tottiā€¦

dont think its that much of a great price. Id wait until the draw for the championships first anyway as Id say that price wont drop a whole pile and a lot can happen with player form at club level, injuries etc aswell in the meantime. Holland were 14/1 before the start of the WC last time out so value can hold right until the championships kick off.

Betting on a team you have more than an interest in would not be recommended at the best of times but best of luck with it.

I have three ante posts for Euro 2012 since last year. I backed the Germanā€™s during the last WC at 8.2 on the machine while I have Croatia at 54.0 and Portugal at 19.5.

The Germanā€™s are currently 4.9 while Portugal are 19.0 while the Croats have drifted out to 65.0

Obviously be waiting on the draw as Iā€™m going to set aside a bit every week towards it and Iā€™ll end up putting it on towards the May/June period. Providing Italy are still available at 10/1 or longer and Prandelli picks a strong squad I will be doing this.

Italy have a great balance in this side and definitely the strongest depth in all positions in Europe at the minute.

Italy are a much better side than England or Holland who are priced shorter. Holland havenā€™t really brought anyone through since the world cup and Van Bommel is regressing seriously while Sneijder and Robben have had problems with their form and injuries respectively since the WC.

Alot of their players are struggling to hold down regular positions with their clubs, a relatively easy group on the back of a good world cup sees them overpriced.

England are very limited, one-dimensional and imbalanced.

Spain are Germany are the two favourites on merit over their performances the past 4 years but I think both are suspect defensively and Italy are more balanced in all areas. There is serious competition for places in the Italian squad in all positions whereas Germany and Spain may have quite a few options in certain areas, in others they donā€™t. Spain have to drop midfielders into defence if they pick up a couple of injuries.

Iā€™d nearly stick a fiver on Liechtenstein this evening at 10/1 to beat the Scots.

I used up the last ā‚¬3 in my PP account on Michael D. Higgins though. Small steps and all that.

Slovenia-Serbia draw available at about 3/1.

Denmark to beat Portugal, also available at about 3/1.

Italy -2 available at a little over evens.

2 out of 3 good stuff.

Dont think the price of Italy -2 in a dead rubber game was great value but came in anyway for ya