Football Manager

Unbeaten in the league. I was dumped out of the champions league by man united. Why are juventus zebre in it and not juventus ?

Is this the latest version, 2020? Iā€™ve FM 17 and I just update the editor with major transfers and promotion/relegation and away I go again. I find it too easy though because you can view young players attribute potential in it so you just need to sign up as many kids with potential between 160-200 that you can and you are away in a hack. Can you view attribute potential in the latest version? I would rather that removed to make it more of a challenge, utilise the scouts more to get their reports right.

Itā€™s the newest one. You can mask attributes of players In the setting and you have to scout them now instead. Youā€™ve a strict enough scouting budget. I hadnā€™t played in a few years. I knocked up serious hours in college. I love the Italian league in it.

Yeah I should have played in Italy more. I love nothing more than starting unemployed with no reputation or qualifications and applying for every job that comes up, youā€™ll invariably pick up something from some club in the bottom half of the English conference north. The English lower leagues are great fun battling for promotions. Itā€™s hard to crack the top four of premier league though with a small club, takes time. One thing that never interested me in it was international soccer.

1 Like

For me Serie B is the best league if you find a team with a decent stadium. I must start out in Argentina sometime or Brazil.

1 Like

The 2020 is very tough. Itā€™s much easier fall out with players and maybe end up losing players on free transfers. Even if you lowball after a transfer is accepted they can pull up stumps.

Iā€™m shocked this is happening to you!

You donā€™t agree? They do some sulking even if you play them out of position a little they can hand in transfer requests.

Itā€™s crucial to find a ā€˜sleeping giantā€™ or at least a club with a big enough stadium suitable for the top league. I must follow your lead now and pick a lower league Italian club next. I love finding clubs that have never won a trophy or league in their history, hard enough to find clubs fitting that criteria though.

Yep. I thoroughly enjoy Italy. Thereā€™s a romance to the leagues and Iā€™ve travelled a bit of Italy so I kind of enjoy managing a town Iā€™ve been to. A lot of the clubs have links with the big serie a teams so you could be sent some very good young players. I love having a player on loan for two or three years and then maybe see him move on as a starter for Roma or juventus. Maybe even pick up an Italian under 21 cap while heā€™s on loan.

1 Like

Since I posted this Iā€™ve started playing seriously with my beloved Aston Villa. I have a major addiction and Iā€™m at it all hours of the day and night. Iā€™m in the season 6 pre-season.

For seasons 1 to 3 I was boring mid-table but was building signing young players. Season 4 I sneaked into the Champions League, and Iā€™ve qualified for it again in Season 5 so season 6 will be my second year in it. I have won anything yet but when I took over Villa were favourites for relegation so overall Iā€™ve done well.

I was at a major disadvantage starting off because I hadnā€™t played in nearly 20 years and itā€™s a completely different game. Itā€™s far harder than before. Itā€™s now realistic. The traditional top 5 clubs are completely stable just like real life and they spend 100million every transfer window on the best players in the game. I have only about 50million a year. The AI is far far better than before. An english club has won the Champions League for the past 6 years.

I can probably crack Liverpool eventually but realistically not until Salah retires which will be a few years yet. Your only chance is to throw all your money on promising young players but theres an element of chance with that because you cant tell how good theyā€™re going to be beyond a certain point of ā€œtheyā€™ could be a good premier league level playerā€. You cant really tell the difference between the next Messiā€™s potential and say the next Alan Smithā€™s potential before they turn 19 or 20 but you can sort of make educated guesses and look for little clues. But thatā€™s your only real chance because the big clubs have too much money and mostly spend it well. They will spend 80+million on a leading premier league centre half who is already at the top of his game so that completely distorts the market and means there are only 10 or so clubs in the world who can compete for world class players in their prime years, just like real life really. The gap gets wider every year and on the only club who has bridged it.

If any of you are struggling with lockdown load this up, give it 2 weeks and then say goodbye to your life.

Oh, by the way, I didnā€™t realise all Liverpoolā€™s players are so young in real life and they will dominate real life world football for the next 3 to 5 years minimum.

2 Likes

Sign Jude Bellingham If you are starting Again for around 20 million. Won me a league at Roma and sold him for 120 million to man united 2 seasons later. The clubs balance was 100 million so it was unreal business by me and I was allowed reinvest it.

I heard about him online. Heā€™s not that good in my game. Heā€™s over 20 now, plays mid-table for Wolves, doesnt get over a 7 average. In retrospect I obviously should have researched the best young players online before I got 2 seasons in. Camavinga camavinga camavinga.

1 Like

Heā€™s a cracking buy if you him play loads in the first season. Improved significantly over the first 18 months.

My current secret to success is load up the Brazilian league and all the best Brazilian regens have release fee clauses of just over 20million. The brazilian regens are absolutely ridiculous, they spawn 2 or 3 champions league level forwards and wingers ever season. Half my team is Brazilian now.

Edit: they get lots of playing time over there, whichbis a decent league.

Also, in Italy, Esposito.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/11992938/manchester-united-sue-football-manager-makers-over-use-of-clubs-name-in-game

A nasty nasty club

1 Like

Jude Bellingham to join Borussia Dortmund IRL. Fee of a minimum ā‚¬25m and rising depending on his performance. It looks like Football Manager got this one right.

Class signing on this years one.

A true legend of the game

4 Likes