Footix of the Day

There’s a Buddies SC in Dublin I think that go over for day trips.

Top Banter

1 Like

He’s not wrong. He just missed the bit about the second biggest Cunt being the Liverpool fan

@Jayo76 has put in some Tour de France today. He really loves Liverpool.

Thank you very much, Id appreciate the green points jersey for Le Tour

@admin can you write a script so all of @Aertel220 posts are linked directly to here

1 Like

Me man reckons Carragher would walk into the current England team :smiley:

Jaysus he is prime fucking footix. I’d say he’d be hated on merseyside.

1 Like

Are the likes of Harry Maguire, Eric Dier and Marc Guéhi better? No. Christ Conor Coady went to the last World Cup and a veteran Carragher kept him out of the Liverpool team.

I had a very enjoyable experience over in Liverpool. A great night out and plenty of positive interactions with the locals.

4 Likes

You don’t need to answer or defend yourself to anybody.

Shine on brother.

5 Likes

I’d have carragher somewhere between Wes brown and John o Shea

Maguire is a far superior player to Carragher. I find it interesting you chose not to include Johnny Stones.

Maguire is much better than he’s given credit for but he’s definitely not vastly superior to Carragher. Maguire was pottering around outside the upper echelons until he was 26 and hasn’t exactly set the world alight since. Carragher was a good Champions League level defender.

Stones is probably the only current English centre-back who I’d allow in the team before Carragher.

2 Likes

Incorrect. He is a far better footballer than Carragher.

Yet he’s regularly been benched in one of the worst Manchester United team of the last 40 years. Dropped for Victor Lindelof and veteran Johnny Evans. Doesn’t exactly speak volumes compared to a defender who regularly kept clean sheets in big European games against strikers of the quality of Didier Drogba, Zlatan, Raúl etc.

Unfairly dropped by a manager who has no idea what he’s doing.

Gary sums Carraghers Championship winning ability up quite nicely.

https://twitter.com/FodenCTID/status/1732345848376205733

I’d forgotten all those title winning defences Harry Maguire was a stalwart of. Maguire wouldn’t be within an arses roar of an English team with Terry and Ferdinand to pick from. A fit Ledley King would get in ahead of him.

@Little_Lord_Fauntleroy can we keep footix musings, discussions and reminiscences out of the footix of the day thread please?

1 Like

Neither did Carragher. In fact he gave up and retired early.

Its very sweet how hard you push for your beloved scousers.

is Carragher better than Maguire

sigh

1 Like

are these people adults?

3 Likes