Formula One

After being pushed off track? No.

1 Like

What’s this? Don’t race and you all get beheaded?

It’s amazing how the “ Houthi “ rebels have timed this attack.

Bizarre even that they didn’t try it 4 months ago when inaugural race was there.

It’s funny how F1 suddenly comes under attack when a wealthy Russian team Sponsor & his privileged son were shown the door a month ago.

Added to above, this attack could potentially hit oil prices again and who might profit from that?

2 Likes

What it also does is it raises the spectre of the World Cup in Qatar being a potential target of Russia-backed terrorism. This does not necessarily have to happen during the World Cup, but likely well before it.

Especially given that Qatar is a main rival to Russia in terms of gas supply.

1 Like

Of course I can’t prove my thoughts above but there is either Russian involvement directly or indirectly here.

If you haven’t watched Drive to Survive, Season 4 then do.

Haas basically wrote off last season developments wise and their car last season was a shitbox.

Young Mazepin was stone useless but Daddy was getting prissy, claiming the team was giving Schumacher junior a better car.

At one stage the cunt confronted the team saying if they didn’t swap cars he was going to pull the funding & fold the team.

Standard Russian bully boy tactics

1 Like

Defo.

Has Mick Wallace said anything about it?

The Russian driver’s oul’ fella is a big buddy of Putin isn’t he? He was at a big meeting with Putin on the very day of the invasion.

His useless son’s very involvement in Formula 1 is itself an example of sportswashing.

2 Likes

Ask the poor farmers trying to purchase fertiliser at the moment about the cost of it.

Even before the Invasion supplies were apparently being slowed to cause market pressures and price gouging.

Mazepin is a huge world player in fertiliser exports and a key supporter of Putin allegedly.

1 Like

Today is the anniversary of the initial Saudi attacks on Yemen , FYI @carryharry

Cheers…

I still find it hard to comprehend these rebels having the ability to carry out such an attack on their own.

I’ll see if I can find the tweet but during discussions around the race going ahead there was a none too subtle indication that if it didn’t go ahead the teams/drivers would find it difficult to leave Saudi.

If that’s true it’s the last GP in Jeddah.

I believe there is only 2 or 3 GPs for Jeddah. The Saudis are building a purpose bulit track near Riyadh

If that rumour is true they can’t return

On the basis of pulling the Russian GP than they wont. Shouldn’t be there in the first place

Money….

But apparently there are investigations into more biodegradable fuels & oils in the sport so you are dealing with the leading suppliers.

The concerns about leaving the country are mentioned towards the end of this article from the Beeb.