Frank Heverin (aka Faldo) RIP

I haven’t played in ten years and not for ten before that either but I’ll play if I can make it.

3 Likes

Nope he was in and around 18 for the most part but loved getting out

6 Likes

They’ll need to hire in extra greenkeepers with all the hacking of the course

3 Likes

I’ll get full value for money from the course.

1 Like

There is something being planned already so we can join in with that?

Or do something separately but how do you make it pay from a fundraiser perspective?

Count me in as a ‘maybe’, I knew of Frank (RIP) thru my daughter, didn’t get to know him as Faldo. Either way I’ll support.

3 Likes

Yeah, there’s an event alright. A golf outing in Mountbellew on the 10th Sept. I’ll be talking to a lad about it so I’ll ask for three or four slots on it. Had a look at the course, looks grand, plenty of water so bring extra balls with you.

It’ll be a matter on here to see do we stay up there or not for the night. I know not everyone will be able to either make the date or just the golf and head away but have that date in mind please. From what I recall of the area, there isn’t too much in the line of accommodation so Tuam could be our best bet. Then where is @Lazarus’ pub situated?? Can’t go all that way up there without paying homage.

Anyway, that date and venue again - 10th September, Mountbellew GC.

1 Like

There’s nothing in the way of accomodation in M’bellew. Tuam or Ballinasloe would be the closest.

1 Like

I’d be surprised if the date worked for me and it might be better to have a few lads who can hit a ball represent TFK, but will be happy to throw a few bob in towards the cost of a team.

I think another event down the line, maybe done more privately (or ‘insider trading’ to use TFK parlance) mightn’t be a bad idea as well. We could get a few fourballs together and have the craic.

1 Like

Those gatherings are always great. You can see the greenkeepers grimacing at the state of some lads. Football boots, jeans tucked into football socks and asking his golf playing buddy for the ‘big fella’ as he goes to hit off the first tee.

3 Likes

Don’t forget, the golf isn’t everything. Head down to the clubhouse after the golf, few pints, a carvery, back into Tuam, change into the bootcuts, shine up the brown shoes, down the town…

1 Like

In Tipp at moment. Just taking the dust off these weapons.

1 Like

Found a water bottle (with some water in it). It’s been there five years.

6 Likes

You would be lucky get a vending machine in M’bellew GC from memory. Maybe check with the organisers.

Nowt wrong with that set. Look at mine. A G5 ffs, I don’t know what number they’re on now but it’s double digits.
I may or may not bring the bat

1 Like

The wooden handled umbrella will come in handy for the inevitable row in Tuam.

2 Likes

I had an offset G5 borrowed off the uncle for a while. A beautiful driver

1 Like

10th is ok for me. Flying back in on the 9th. Be a nice way to finish off the holidays. I have a set of clubs somewhere. Myself and @caulifloweredneanderthal will plough the road

1 Like

I’m good for the 10th also

1 Like

The baseball bat?