Friend of the Forum: Big Mick McCarthy

Totti might be right after all :lol:

Smith might just do well for them if they’re planning on not paying any taxes for a number of years and using the funds to improve the team fraudulently instead.

Smiths rejected them

Former Rangers manager Walter Smith has rejected the chance to take charge of Wolves as Mick McCarthy’s successor, Press Association Sport understands.
Smith is understood to have held talks with Wolves owner Steve Morgan and chief executive Jez Moxey about taking the post until the end of the season after emerging as the favourite to step into the breach
The 63-year-old has been out of football since ending his second spell in charge of Rangers at the end of last season but has declined the opportunity to return to management in the Barclays Premier League.
It was earlier reported Smith turned down the Wolves job on a full-time basis but was happy to assume initial command for 13 games in a bid to keep Wolves in the top flight. However, he has now turned down the opportunity, leaving the Molineux outfit still to fill the breach.
Several bookmakers had made Smith the clear favourite to take over from McCarthy, who was sacked 11 days ago.
Wolves have endured a fruitless search in the past few days with Alan Curbishley, Reading’s Brian McDermott and Brighton’s Gus Poyet all rejecting their interest.
Former Sunderland boss Steve Bruce appeared to be the favourite after being interviewed last week, but Smith then moved into pole position and Wolves had even been hopeful of him being in place for Saturday’s clash at Newcastle.
Smith has previous experience of managing in the Premier League during four years at Everton and was briefly Sir Alex Ferguson’s assistant at Manchester United at the end of the 2003-04 season.
He was also manager of Scotland for two years before returning to Ibrox in 2007 for the second time when he led the Glasgow club to three successive titles and the 2008 UEFA Cup final.
Curbishley rejected the chance to replace McCarthy for a second time on Tuesday after initially being interviewed last week, while McDermott signed a new three-and-a-half-year contract with Reading on Wednesday. Poyet has confirmed Wolves’ interest but is happy to remain at Brighton for the foreseeable future

Wolves have appointed Terry Connor as manager for the remainder of the season.
Connor, who was assistant to the sacked Mick McCarthy, will be in charge for the remaining 13 games.
He will be at the helm for the first time in tomorrow’s Barclays Premier League clash at Newcastle.

Former Leeds, Brighton and Portsmouth striker Connor has been at the club for 13 years and served under four different managers.
Wolves chairman Steve Morgan said: "Since we made the difficult decision to part company with Mick, we have been through a diligent process of assessing potential candidates.
"Having spoken to a number of people, we have drawn that process to a close and myself and the board are unanimous that Terry is the right man to lead the club for the remainder of the season.
"This is a decisive step, which creates certainty, and the players are fully behind it.
“As a club, whether that be staff or supporters, we now all need to unite behind Terry and the players and secure as many points as possible over the next 13 games.”
Morgan and chief executive Jez Moxey have been at Wolves’ Compton training ground today to speak to players and staff of their decision.
Morgan and Moxey have so far drawn a blank in replacing McCarthy after failing with approaches to the likes of Alan Curbishley, Brian McDermott, Gus Poyet and Walter Smith.
Steve Bruce had been the bookmakers’ favourite but had indicated he was not willing to take charge on a short term basis.
The decision to install Connor gives Morgan and Moxey sufficient breathing space to make a long term appointment in the summer.

Is he the only member of the rap community managing in the EPL

Delighted they ended up with him. He doesn’t really bring any advantage given he’s been in the dressing room all along.

what odds are they to go down?

4/6 with betfair

Terry Connor is a fucking snake.

I heard enough rumours about Terry Connor to know that I wouldn’t let him babysit my kids the sick fuck

Just cos he’s pals with Stephen Kenny doesn’t mean he has the same interests mate

Delighted to see the cunts are losing away to Newcastle

Cunts have gotten it back to 2-2. The traitor Doyle with the leveller

Mick McCarthy rang Terry Connor pre-match to wish him all the best today. What a gent. :clap:

A prince among men is Big Mick :clap: :clap: :clap:

Losing 4-0 to Fulham

Fucking delighted :lol: :lol: :lol:

5-0 now :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 nil down at home to Blackburn

I don’t like it when an assistant that was hired by the manager does the dirty on him and takes on the job when the manager is sacked. I’d say the same about that sneaky Di Matteo gimp at Chelsea and I wish him and Terry Connor no luck whatsoever.

Danny Murphy wrote about this very topic today in the Guardian:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/mar/09/the-secret-footballer