Friend of the Forum: Big Mick McCarthy

Ah balls, I hadn’t thought of Steve Kean when I made my conclusion on assistants taking over. But I think I can get away with it because I don’t think he was the assistant manager; I think he was a first team coach or something.I have no issue with somebody who was already at the club and who’s worked well with the reserve or youth set ups being given a chance to prove themselves as first team manager if the manager hasn’t worked out. For example, when Neil Lennon took over after the disastrous Tony Mowbray reign.

Oh, another thing, is Danny Murphy definitely the secret footballer?

I always employ Lillian Thuram as my assistant manager in Football Manager and he has always left the club when I have quit.

Lillian is a class act :clap:

The article is inaccurate. Steve Kean hasn’t struggled, he has done a very good job.

Terry Connor has been at Wolves since 1999.

Did Mick promote him or was he assistant manager when Mick took over?

There’s certainly a difference between serial caretaker managers who weren’t appointed by the manager and the Judas types who are brought in by a manager and take his job.

So Foley has been dropped to the bench and Hunt dropped from the bench to the stands. They’re really flying without Big Mick.

Ward remains first choice left back.

Wow, KIB man really does not know his football. He seems to hold an unrational hatred of Stephen Ward and can never bring himself to give him any credit no matter what, perversely he will stick up for a talentless turf muncher like Stephen Hunt until. He also sees something in the bumbling Ciaran Clark. :lol:

A great day for the forum. Fuck Wolverhampton Wanderers and Kevin Doyle :clap: :clap: :clap:

MICK McCARTHY wants to return to management at Premier League level. And, long term, he fancies another crack at international football.
The 53-year-old has been out of work since his departure from Wolves earlier this year, and recently held discussions with Nottingham Forest about their top job.
However, he declined to take matters any further as he would like his next post to be in the top division.
“The primary reason is that I want to get a job in the Premier League,” said McCarthy.
"Whether that’s going to happen or not, I don’t know, because there isn’t an awful lot of jobs going, of course, and it’s not really a sacking league – well, it’s got better that way.
"I’d also just moved out of the West Midlands, and I thought it would be wrong to go back and just take a club, especially a club like Nottingham Forest, which has a great history, for the sake of taking the club. I don’t think anyone deserves that.
“We’ll see what comes up. They all know I’m unemployed. There might be a club abroad that I might like.”
The prospect of a second stint with Ireland[/url] has been consistently floated, and McCarthy was wary of discussing that topic, especially with Giovanni [url=“http://searchtopics.independent.ie/topic/Giovanni_Trapattoni”]Trapattoni[/url] under pressure after a difficult [url=“http://searchtopics.independent.ie/topic/Euro_2012”]Euro 2012.
“I’d say I would consider it (international football) again and that’s not necessarily here because South Korea approached me a few years back; that job was mine, but I turned it down,” he said.
“I’ve had a number of enquiries as to whether I’d be interested in international jobs. But now, I want to be at a club, that’s where I want to be.”
McCarthy feels that Ireland have landed a very difficult group in the World Cup 2014 qualifiers, particularly as Trapattoni may be facing a transitional phase as regards personnel. He doesn’t envy the Italian.
“You’ve got one friendly before you are back into (competitive) football,” he said.
"The only way he can get to see the younger ones play in international football is to put them in the team.
"But if you put them in, you’ll have one side saying he shouldn’t, and another saying he should have kept the older ones who got them qualified.
Germany will win the group. I’m not being defeatist, I’m a pragmatist. I think we would take second place in the group.”

• Daniel McDonnell
    Irish Independent

Premier League :lol:

His interview last night on Off the Ball here.

Big Mick - a gent :clap:

http://www.newstalk.ie/2012/sport/mick-mccarthy-talks-roy-keane-unemployment-irish-fans-and-man-city-on-last-nights-off-the-ball/

This fella is utterly deluded.

Mick would be wasted in the EPL, a guy with his vast tactical acumen would do very well in Serie A.

Does it take much tactical acumen to cut up oranges? Being honest, I’d love to see him in Serie A, please let it happen.

I wouldn’t piss on the cunt.

When Nottingham Forest are bestriding the permier league and indeed the Champions League as a Runt-like collossus, where will Mick McCarthy be? eh? eh? Fuck him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfsYMPUE5sw

This is Dave Kitson apparently.