Friend of the Forum: Big Mick McCarthy

Not sure when you’re flying back to Europe for the Greece match but we’re home to Burnley on the 10th if you want to combine the two matches in one visit. Don’t invite everyone along though, last thing we need is for DB to show up at Portman Road in his kilt and jock hat.

I’ll be in the sir bobby robson end, perhaps a couple of pints in the greyhound beforehand is in order?

A few pints of Ipswich Rye Porter in the Greyhound sounds just the ticket.

:clap:

I would think laying Ipswich’s opponents in their matches for the next six weeks or so will pay for Christmas, lads. There will be a huge bounce there with Mick’s charm and man management skills

I wonder if the charm will have worn off by the time they play the Owls in the new year. TASE will have quite the conundrum that day.

I would hope he doesn’t give the 'swich the flick.

He turned down Nottingham Forest because they weren’t a big enough club only to take over at lowly Ipswich. :strokechin:

Forest are a busted flush. Ipswich will be in the epl in no time.

Definition of an idiot right there

Post reported.

How anyone could have a bad word to say about such an alright sort is beyond me. If only there were more people in the game of football like Mick McCarthy :clap:

Mick McCarthy has warned he is ready to “smash a few earholes” in Ipswich’s squad after being handed the task of reviving the Championship club.
McCarthy has ended a near nine-month exile from the front line to take on a team anchored to the bottom of the table.
And he is prepared to get nasty in a bid to help them avoid relegation.
Ipswich[/url] dismissed [url=“http://searchtopics.independent.ie/topic/Paul_Jewell”]Paul Jewell last month after a nightmare run of 12 games without a win and McCarthy has been recruited to try and arrest an alarming slide, starting against Birmingham tomorrow.
McCarthy, who was sacked by Wolves in February, has established a reputation as a disciplinarian and admitted last night that he will not be afraid of upsetting the players he has inherited. He has already been given a painful reminder of the job ahead after viewing last Saturday’s humiliating 3-0 home defeat to Sheffield Wednesday.
“I can smash a few earholes because, if that is what it needs, I am more than happy to do that,” he warned. "If players don’t care then they have to go, although I hope I don’t see that.
"We have to start pulling our fingers out. It is a fantastic club with a great fan base, what it hasn’t got at the moment is a particularly good team.
“There becomes a horrible, soggy damp atmosphere when you just can’t get a win. I have looked at a couple of DVDs. The one of the match against Sheffield Wednesday was horrendous. It should have been watched on Halloween.”
Funds
McCarthy has brought in Terry Connor, his trusted deputy at Molineux, and signed a three-year contract, with owner Marcus Evans promising that funds will be made available.
The 53-year-old has achieved promotion twice before with Sunderland[/url] and Wolves and claims the long-term [url=“http://searchtopics.independent.ie/topic/Shooting_at_the_2012_Summer_Olympics”]target[/url] is to build a squad capable of sustaining a challenge to reach the [url=“http://searchtopics.independent.ie/topic/Barclays_Premier_League”]Premier League at Portman Road.
He said: "I would have liked to have had another job in the Premier League. I felt I would have kept Wolves up.
“Now my first job is to get out of the bottom three and stay up, which will be a task in itself. We are a million miles away from the Premier League at the moment but that is the ambition.”
Meanwhile, Henning Berg[/url] hopes his appointment as the [url=“http://searchtopics.independent.ie/topic/Blackburn_Rovers”]Blackburn Rovers boss will help bring the club and fans together. Steve Kean was subject to many protests during his tenure there, while attendances are down by a big margin compared with last season.
“I hope they will support the team and the club. I know there have been difficult times,” Berg – who won the Premier League with Rovers in 1995 – said. “I hope they (the fans) see the club is moving in the right direction.” (© Daily Telegraph, London)

• John Percy

Birmingham 0-1 Ipswich.

Big Mick McCarthy. :clap:

A fantastic win for Mick McCarthy’s Ipswich Town.

Birmingham :lol:

Harsh dose of reality for Big Mick tonight.

Fuck me, 5-0?!

How long will it be beore this bluffer gets the sack from another job?

The bluffer will be seething again as Olly continues to get the better of him.

Probably the ideal start for Big Mick.

A hard-fought victory first up which demonstrated the application and effort required.

Followed by a resounding defeat just to make it clear that this journey won’t be easy.

Big Mick will have learnt an awful lot about his players already.