Friend of the Forum: Big Mick McCarthy

+1

They were rooted to the bottom of the table when he took over, what a wonderful job he has done.

[quote=“Il Bomber Destro, post: 745169, member: 1052”]+1

They were rooted to the bottom of the table when he took over, what a wonderful job he has done.[/quote]
You have a strange view of a wonderful job, but each to their own mate. I respect your somewhat limited ambition.

I’d imagine you are the one with the strange view if you deem the job carried out by big Mick has been nothing less than wonderful.

Of course it is mate, of course it is. Now you just relax and let the meds do their work. Good lad. :rolleyes:

Ask Puke, I believe he is now minted because he put his money where his mouth is about Big Mick being a success.

7 points from 13 games before Big Mick took over. 35 points in 23 games since Mick took the job. They have lost 7 league games under Mick in 23 games, they lost 9 of their opening 13 games before he took over and were on a run of 11 games without a win before Mick took over. He has seen this turnaround despite spending little on new players and relying on loan signings.

It is also worth noting that Big Mick

Also if you were to take the 35 points in 23 games which they acquired under big mick, which averages out at 1.522 points per game and multiply that by the 36 games Ipswich have played so far this season in the league that would give them 54 points leaving them 2 points off the playoffs in seventh if Mick had been there since the start of the season

And Mick’s average would probably be close to 1.95 points per game had he been able to work with them for a full pre-season.

Absolutely. I look forward to their promotion run next season. Wonder how many games Wolves have played and won since he left

Big Mick’s Ipswich had a late victory over promotion chasing Bolton today.

Cat got your tongue, blue boy?

:clap:

Huzzah…

A blip

Wolverhampton Wanderers goalkeeper, Carl Ikeme, has broken his hand after punching the tactics board in the team dressing room at half time last Saturday, and will now miss the rest of the season. This should mean a call up for former Mick McCarthy favourite, Wayne Hennessey, meaning almost certain relegation for the club. :clap:

Big Mick’s Tractor Boys solidifying their status in The Championship right now as they lead Leeds 2-0 at Portman Road.

Cat got your tongue, blueboy?

Leeds :smiley:

A late winner away to Derby:clap::clap:

Last gap winner against Derby propels Big Mick’s Tractor Boys up to 14th and six clear of the drop zone. Meanwhile the team Steve Kean left when they were third in the table have now dropped to third bottom in the table.

Big Mick’s Tractor Boys (BMTB) are 3-0 up at home to promotion-chasing Crystal Palace. :clap: