Friend of the Forum: Big Mick McCarthy

Fantastic, what a remarkable job he has done, Puke must be a rich man now.

Incredible how badly Palace have tied up on the run in. They even lost 0-4 to Birmingham recently, they’ve truly gone to shit, as this latest scoreline confirms well and truly.

Shame on you Dougie, shame.

[quote=“myboyblue, post: 760526, member: 180”]Incredible how badly Palace have tied up on the run in. They even lost 0-4 to Birmingham recently, they’ve truly gone to shit, as this latest scoreline confirms well and truly.

Shame on you Dougie, shame.[/quote]

Dougie fucked off to Bolton; it’s Ian “I’m a gas man” Holloway there now.

Was at portman road saturday , we dominated against hull, but gave away two silly goals. I seen a league table on saturday since big mick took over we would be in fourth position.

Thats why I say, shame on Dougie for leaving the Club where he is idolised when he had them cruising to the title to take over those Bolton cunts.

Ah right, I get you.

BMTB:clap::pint:

:clap:

A page or two back myself and Puke worked out that we’d be winning the league if Mick had a full pre-season to work with the squad. 4th after coming in mid-season and taking over a (then) rabble without any organisation. Look at us now. Just look at us now.

He got you pal.

A page or two back myself and Puke worked out that we’d be winning the league if Mick had a full pre-season to work with the squad. 4th after coming in mid-season and taking over a (then) rabble without any organisation. Look at us now. Just look at us now.[/quote]

7 points from 13 games I believe it was when he took over

They are a very different outfit than the one I saw last september. Daryl murphy played very well saturday.

Sterling work from big Mick. If he had got the chance earlier I have no doubt he would have Ipswich in the play-offs. Up to 11th as it stands.

Wolves fans not happy this evening, storming the pitch after the Burnley match. They really have gone to shit since getting rid of Big Mick, who has done an excellent job at Ipswich

Admins, may I suggest the title of this thread to simply, “Friend of the Forum Big Mick McCarthy”?

What a splendid job the great man has done since taking over BMTB.

[SIZE=13px][FONT=verdana]Read recently that while some of the 88 Celtic squad werent happy about thatcher, he was the only one that point blank refused to meet her.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=13px][FONT=verdana]Strangely, there hadn’t been much in the Scottish papers about Thatcher’s visit. But both Jim McInally and Andy Walker, who played in the final, recall that it had been the subject of much debate at Tannadice and Celtic Park. So much so that a compromise was agreed with the SFA: the players would be introduced to the Prime Minister, but not out on the pitch as is normal practice with a guest of honour.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=13px][FONT=verdana]“The visit was pretty controversial,” confirms McInally, who played in the midfield for United and is now the manager of Peterhead. “We were under a bit of pressure from the SFA to meet her. Some of the players weren’t keen so the SFA asked if we would compromise by doing it inside the stadium. Jim McLean was as anti-Thatcher as anybody but he felt we should go with that.”[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=13px][FONT=verdana]According to McInally, the United players shook hands with the Prime Minister in the foyer. Andy Walker, now a Sky Sports pundit but then a Celtic striker, says he and most of his team-mates met Thatcher in a different location. “In the old Hampden you went in the front door and there was an old snooker room to the left,” he recalls. “We lined up in there and she came down to meet us.”[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=13px][FONT=verdana]“A few didn’t get involved and the one who refused point-blank was Mick McCarthy,” reports Walker. “He was from Barnsley and the son of a miner. Shaking hands with her was a no-no for Mick.”[/FONT][/SIZE]

I didn’t think my respect for Mick McCarthy could go any higher but it has after reading that:clap:

[quote=“Sidney, post: 765683, member: 183”]Admins, may I suggest the title of this thread to simply, “Friend of the Forum Big Mick McCarthy”?

What a splendid job the great man has done since taking over BMTB.[/quote]
A great idea that I’ve just implemented.

I want him back as Ireland manager now.

The man gets the most out of average players.
Get him back in. If that cuntybollocks Keane gets it before Big Mick gets another run at it, I will be seething.