Friend of the Forum: Big Mick McCarthy

You are a shining example to us all mate. Like Joe McCarthy and Ken Starr wrapped up in one package.

Massive, massive blow to Ipswich’s promotion chances with the news that David McGoldrick is out for the rest of the season

Ah fuck. I was hoping he’d get an Ireland call up for the summer friendlies.

[ATTACH=full]1065[/ATTACH] Mick and the wife at the[B] Ronan O’Gara testimonial dinner*

[/B]
[SIZE=3]Did no one tell Mick it was black tie. [/SIZE]

Clough had McCarthy well sussed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMP3zVs_MI4

Shit news

[quote=“Fagan ODowd, post: 907162, member: 706”][ATTACH=full]1065[/ATTACH] Mick and the wife at the Ronan O’Gara testimonial dinner*

[SIZE=3]Did no one tell Mick it was black tie. [/SIZE][/quote]
They’re eerily alike.

no bet tomorrow I am afraid

As best I can remember in my drunken state, big Micks team from tonight’s Fantasy Football show on Sky. Players he’s played with…

Packie

McGrath
Moran
Chopper
Chris Houghton

Razor
Townsend
An Other
Sheedy

Frank
Clarke

[quote=“theLockes, post: 907395, member: 58”]As best I can remember in my drunken state, big Micks team from tonight’s Fantasy Football show on Sky. Players he’s played with…

Packie

McGrath
Moran
Chopper
Chris Houghton

Razor
Townsend
An Other
Sheedy

Frank
Clarke[/quote]

that ANother betther have been the maestro

Odd choice picking Houghton as a right back, not to mention Ruddock at right midfield

[quote=“Lazarus, post: 907171, member: 286”]Clough had McCarthy well sussed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMP3zVs_MI4
[/quote]
Kept a clean sheet that day. He mugged off Cloughie good and proper.

[quote=“theLockes, post: 907395, member: 58”]As best I can remember in my drunken state, big Micks team from tonight’s Fantasy Football show on Sky. Players he’s played with…

Packie

McGrath
Moran
Chopper
Chris Houghton

Razor
Townsend
An Other
Sheedy

Frank
Clarke[/quote]

An other was the legendary Paul mcStay. Chopper was actually Norman hunter.

Justin Edinburgh picked Stephen Carr at right full and otherwise played with a lot of ‘top lads’ and ‘top, top blokes’.

Defeat to Wigan 10 days ago looked to have all but done Ipswich’s play off chances but Big Mick and his world class man management skills has only gone and inspireed his side to a win away to play off rivals Brighton on Saturday and a late home win at high flying Derby tonight to bring them straight back into the play off hunt

What a man:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

8th place:D

[QUOTE=“chewy louie, post: 921620, member: 1137”]Defeat to Wigan 10 days ago looked to have all but done Ipswich’s play off chances but Big Mick and his world class man management skills has only gone and inspireed his side to a win away to play off rivals Brighton on Saturday and a late home win at high flying Derby tonight to bring them straight back into the play off hunt

What a man:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:[/QUOTE]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dI-6-n-4Xok

Asked what pleased him most about the night, McCarthy said:

“The result, of course. Other than that, the way we responded to going behind after less than a minute.

“I don’t think we laid a finger on them in the first half, little Johnny (Williams) was getting kicked from pillar to post and it was us picking ourselves up off the floor. Second half we responded and I think we deserved it.
“If you’re going to get kicked from pillar to post then the best way to get your own back is put the ball in the back of the net. That was fab. It’s a sign of a good player if people kick you.”
On match-winner Berra, who made a super saving tackle moments before scoring his fifth of the season, McCarthy said: “He’s been awesome this season, absolutely outstanding. It was quite fitting that he got the winner.”
He continued: “I’ll tell you who I am pleased with, I’m pleased with Anthony Wordsworth. I thought he was different class. He’s had two really good games after coming back in from the wilderness. I’m delighted for him and delighted with him. Big Frank (Nouble) also responded really well when coming on as a sub.”

What a brilliant manager. Forest at home next, a win and we will be all but in the playoffs IMHO

It would be an absolute travesty if the likes of Forest denied Big Mick’s Tractor Boys a play-off place.

Big Mick will not be denied. Ipswich will have the momentum of a run away freight train after they beat Forest at the weekend.

The next four games will tell a lot

Reading have Charlton and Bournemount away followed by Leicester at home and Wigan away. I would be shocked if they took more than 4 points from the next four games while Brighton have are at home to Middlesborough before having three away games on the spin against Blackburn, Barnsley and Leicester, again they will also do well to get more than 4 points in those games.

We have Forest at home followed by Blackburn and Huddersfield away and then Doncaster at home. We should be able to take 7 points at the minimum from them.

All things find their level :clap: