Friends

OMFG

1 Like

Any remake of Friends at this stage of their lives should be about them running into each other at funerals.

6 Likes

It’s a reunion show initially, they’re getting a few million each to show up and talk shite. But I suspect it’ll lead to something more in time.

Fair play to them holding out this long. I suppose they’ll get a small fortune each. Hopefully Chandler has dumped Monica

According to Cinema Blend, the Friends paychecks didn’t end when the cast went off the air in May 2004. The ensemble cast pulls in a portion of the syndication deals in the form of royalties. While the cast has never mentioned exactly how much they make off royalties, it is estimated that each cast member is pulling in around $20 million a year, thanks to their work on the series.

They’re said to be getting between 3 and 4 million for this one off get together.

Incredible money.

Was it the biggest tv show ever?

What would you gauge that by? I’m sure the likes of Cheers, Mash and perhaps Seinfeld has greater viewing numbers at different times but Friends caught the zeitgeist in a way none of those did. I’d say when it comes to syndication it most definitely is.

**[quote=“Julio_Geordio, post:4, topic:30535, full:true”]
Fair play to them holding out this long. I suppose they’ll get a small fortune each. Hopefully Chandler has dumped Monica
[/quote]
Assuming he hasn’t overdosed beforehand

The Mash finale is the only TV Show in the top 20 most watched US TV broadcasts of all time. All the rest are Super Bowls. The finale for Seinfeld was massive as well.
But I’d say in terms of repeats etc it’s probably the biggest sitcom of all time

Yes

I took a girl on a date lately to the cinema and we watched episodes of friends. It was brilliant.

A show about white,bland, middle class Americans…of course it was huge… Imagine a show set in NYC and no black people appear in it.

I never really got Friends, I don’t think.

Seinfeld is just on a completely different level altogether; and holds up better aswell.

2 Likes

It was very much a show for women.

1 Like

Mo offen e, you’re right but that’s a dog whistle to our inhouse far left nutter

2 Likes

It was very much a show for people who had a terrible taste in comedy. Based on the posters on this forum, that’s probably a majority of men, although hubristic claims that this forum is representative of Irish men in general have generally proved hilariously inaccurate, certainly if politics is to be an indicator.

I rest my case

13 Likes

You’re one of several in house nutters here, pal. Let’s just hope you stay in house, the daylight would probably hurt your eyes.

:see_no_evil:

You played that one lovely.

1 Like