Fuck off back to bogball jim mcguiness

I’ve no idea. I don’t know anyone’s real life names from here.

He is for sure.

So Paul Galvin was incredibly wrong to tell Daithi Waters last winter that he had to bring O’Neill’s gaelic footballs with him to New Zealand to practice kicking or he wouldn’t be invited to rejoin the Wexford football squad?

Mental pal. Don’t think Daithi even went to New Zealand.

2 Likes

That type of attitude is really annoying.
Players go off with a bag of balls for any number of reasons and it’s only a positive thing.
If you start telling a player, no you can’t just go shoot points, if you are going you have to set out cones and do x, y, z then there’s a far greater chance they just won’t do it.

3 Likes

Games gone. The coaches ruined it.

Crazy talk. Endless video analysis and knowing it all in theory is surely more beneficial than actually pucking a few balls around.

Particularly given how many of the Galway lads drop the ball in that video. They need the basics. They’ve mastered running fast though fair play to them.

2 Likes

I saw Ajax train in an open session a good few years back and was struck by the simplicity of the drills. The warm up was a ball between 2, 5 yards apart, two touches, zipped passes, then 10 yards, then 15 yards, finishing up playing 30 yard passes, into a bit of stretching, a few rondos and a bit of dynamic stretching. Into the session.

I brought this warm up to a fairly bang average MSL team when I was coach and was told it was a shit warm up. Good enough for Ajax, not good enough for the MSL

7 Likes

Paddy likes to run aimlessly in his warm ups

1 Like

i ran the guts off them after

You can’t just drop sessions from a pro setup into an amateur setup, you need to tailor them to suit the group. That might be a fine warm up for lads who might already have had 10 hours of ball contact in the week, but not for lads who’ve had 2 hours and a heap of pints the night before.

1 Like

Ajax generally have their players going through a youth system where they are taught the correct technique as a basic . Trap the ball , kick , body positioning etc. The training drills reflect this and what is amazing is the speed at which they do the basics .

they don’t have set positions until they are a certain age, so every player will play in most positions. They learn how to do everything. A remarkable club

1 Like

this was simple, simple stuff bud, designed to get everyone the ball. get a feel for it before doing a light ball session.

what did you think of Noel O’Conners training?

I thought it was decent.
It was the only real soccer coaching I ever got, so I haven’t much to compare it to.

1 Like

I had bubbles tobin as a coach from u-13 to u-16 at the 'Boro and he was brilliant.

Noel ran a great session, I never understood why he didn’t have a fella or two with him with the minors. He did everything himself. Some of his running stuff was horrific

Did you ever run into Aidan Ryan who was with Noel for a while. A terrific coach

Cones. Ffs. You have totally missed the point.

There is no point in practice unless it’s in match conditions. Did you ever see cones on the pitch in the last minute of a county final? A time when lads can do unbelievable things.

2 Likes

There are no cones on a pitch during a game.

Apart from @Bandage ating one.

What if the keeper is too lazy to bring his kicking tee back in?