Further Things That Are Wrong (Part 1)

There is s fair to reasonable chance of me burning down the house if I attempt that. I am going to ring a repair shop this morning. They seem to be open for business in some shape or form. The tv is only 3 years old so I want to look into repair anyway

Same with the one I had, only about three years old. All went fine but for a small crack in the black panel which means about an inch of the side of the screen is black but you wouldnā€™t notice. Follow one of these lads and youā€™ll be grand. Youā€™re just unscrewing parts, no soldering.

1 Like

Dont want to burst your bubble binky but the same thing happened with me a coup,e of years back. (Of course out of guarantee) Took it back to where I bought it. Quoted me something like ā‚¬250 to get it fixed. As Iā€™d only paid about 500 for it I told them to shove it up their holes

That rubicon was crossed with LG purchase.
In for a pennyā€¦

1 Like

That wasnā€™t a very nice thing to say.

LG: thereā€™s no picture without fire

It could be something as small as a capacitor.

Cheap fix if you can do it yourself.

Youā€™d need to open up the panel and look at the PCB and visually examine it to check it though.

1 Like

5 Likes

Thats what I was thinking

I knew weā€™d find a few TV repair experts on TFK.

12 Likes

The Engineering degree was bound to come in handy at some stage.

It was once a noble profession. Gone the way of the cooper.

No one fixes anything anymore. Tis no wonder we are fucked

@Copper_pipe pals fix things.

1 Like

The Romanians are very industrious

A nice tv repair man called ā€˜Daveā€™ just called and picked up the tv. He said it was most likely LED strips. He will have it fixed and back by Sunday. 120 euro is max charge. I may get rode up the hole here but Dave seemed a decent sort and comes highly recommended. On top of that the last bit of DIY I attempted was hanging a picture in the Living Room. I wound up with a hole the same size as my head in the wall and Mrs Barnes looking increduosly from me to said hole and back at me again.

12 Likes

They are great aul sorts

Good result.

Thatā€™s a good price. Itā€™s a tricky enough job. Iā€™ve done it a few times. Just not worth the effort now for anything less that 40-50 inches. You need a load of space. The strips are expensive enough. He might be replacing individual LEDs but thatā€™s even trickier.

With free pickup and delivery - Iā€™m outā€¦

1 Like

Knowing your limits is a great life skill. I applaud you.

6 Likes