Further Things That Are Wrong (Part 1)

2 Likes

This greedy non caring prick needs taken down a peg or 10,obviously at it years

What benefit has he in removing it I wonder? Hardly just the value of the stone taken out?

1 Like

Just a mean individual saving money using it as a gravel path, or to ne mixed with sand and cement as concrete

2 Likes

When shit like that goes down, you’re as well off not bothering the law and do things anonymously.

1 Like

Should have kicked his da

1 Like

I doubt it,unless he owns the digger it would be just as cheap to buy a load of concrete or blinding or whatever he would be using it for.

2 Likes

Agree wrong if it was that kid who kicked the door but what if it wasn’t?

Unless the whure is selling regular?

This month gets worse and worse, nothing but bad news. Another mate his father has died of covid in the last day and my other mate’s niece is dying just a matter of time.

6 Likes

Sorry to hear that. A lot of stuff put in perspective when you see that and how hard some people have it.

I really think death now and grieving is so badly compounded by the removal of the funeral with friends and family and the rituals and support it offered.

5 Likes

I remember when I my dad died all my friends being there, some you haven’t even seen in ages and it does help. It must be so tough on those families now that they can’t give their loved ones a proper send off or see the support of the friends and colleagues.

17 Likes

speaking from a recent case of a family member passing, it’s awful. The whole grieving process is totally disjointed and not being able to be around family and grieve properly makes it so much harder. I was chatting to @mac last night about this very thing as he also lost a close friend recently and we were just saying how weird the whole thing is. Watching funerals of loved ones on streams and not being able to see family and friends to grieve properly.

3 Likes

I know of a 95 year old that died last month after testing positive for Covid in hospital. In ordinary times his funeral would have been almost a joyous event, people remembering a long life well lived and giving a fond farewell. Instead his family were not even allowed to see him in his coffin, it came back to them sealed. A missed funeral can hopefully be addressed somewhat at a later date, but not being able to see a loved one for a final time will leave a scar on many.

14 Likes

As well with passing aquantainces they will come to the removal shake hands and that’s it. Won’t be mentioned again in all liklihood next time you see them

Now you would be meeting people for 12 months who weren’t allowed go to the funeral and they will be sympathising with you

3 Likes

When restrictions are lifted it will be like the mourning period will be restarted again for all those families that have lost someone with all the people who never got to give their condolences in person doing so when they can. I know some families are going to arrange something later on so that friends and family can get together to celebrate the person life.

2 Likes

Thats it alright. A friend of mines brother in law passed away in the last lockdown and I only saw his sister about 6 months after and was the first time I could offer condolences in person to her. And I’m sure I wasnt the only one. Its one of the hardest things to take during this thing. Everyone understands why and accepts it, but it doesnt make it any easier to deal with.

10 Likes

My father in law lost two aunts and an uncle since Covid started, two since Christmas - he was very close to his uncle who was the last to die. All funerals watched on the internet by him - he was very upset at his uncles’ mainly because he couldn’t be there.

I agree with your last line though.

4 Likes

My old friends dad was buried in Bishopstown last week, Johnny Coomey, good GAA man 2of his sons are based in Perth, bloody stream went down during the filming of it, imagine the distraught

1 Like