Further Things That Are Wrong (Part 1)

Some lads on here would label him as part of the awkward squad for not doing as he was told.

1 Like

Iā€™d very much doubt that,
But he was a very awkward man alright

No, this was in the last 5 years or so.

I just googled it there, 2015, and he was caught fishing with prawns to catch salmon. There is a catch and release policy which he obviously wasnā€™t abiding to.

Ah yes, I misread your last post as saying that the incident occurred 40 years ago

There was all sorts of thuggery up round Galway and the corrib. I could never understand it. They were slashing tyres and burning boats of lads who had the temerity to go fishing.
If you donā€™t agree with it, donā€™t pay, and fish away. But oh no. Letā€™s stop talking to lads for three generations and destroy their property.
The Galway way.

1 Like

Thats a nice fishing spot on your lake flatty. Be a shame if something was to happen to it

2 Likes

You should try living in south Galway.

Gobshites (masquerading as experts) constantly referring to ā€˜the Ukraineā€™.

Look at the map yisā€™ dumb fuckersā€¦does it say the Ukraine??? No. UKRAINEā€¦

2 Likes

Allowable uses include ā€œTheā€ Gambia, ā€œTheā€ Arsenal and ā€œTheā€ Ohio State University. Not ā€œThe Ukraineā€.

ā€œThe Cameroonā€?

The Dinner?

2 Likes

It was ā€˜the Ukraineā€™ under the Soviet Union I think. Old habits maybe.
Sure we all say it :man_shrugging:

The Christmas.

2 Likes

The Wife.
The Nephew.
The Drink.

AFAIK ā€œUkraineā€ is literally the Russian word for ā€œborderā€ so if you say ā€œThe Ukraineā€ youā€™re saying ā€œthe borderā€, like itā€™s not even a real country. Thatā€™s the Russian style.

The Balbec

1 Like

Sadiq Khan has let London go to the dogs altogether

Yeah it literally means ā€œthe borderlandā€

The Gambia is the correct name for the country. Not Gambia.